Help me remember...

Discuss clans, events, servers, and more!
Elmo
Dretch

Help me remember...

Post by Elmo »

Was hoping somebody on here could help me remember the map that became quite common on tremulous, the unique thing about the map was that aliens and humans were divided until each team would complete a series of obstacle courses before reaching the final room that had a giant glass door that would open up like 10 minutes after the first team got through.
Ring any bells?
I'm wondering because I would love to play that map again, something fun to do by myself when nobody else is on.
Also the map that was used for strafe jumping practice, it just had four different areas with varying difficulty, and then two long runways outside.
thanks

Ishq
Project Head

Re: Help me remember...

Post by Ishq »

mission1a

Elmo
Dretch

Post by Elmo »

Oh yah thats it!
any unvanquished servers have that map?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

I hope not. None of the devteam hosted servers do. However, you can download it here: http://downloads.mercenariesguild.net/m ... one_b7.pk3 and enjoy it locally.

killing time
Programmer

Post by killing time »

That other one is called "straftrain" (prob with some number at the end)

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

killing time wrote:

That other one is called "straftrain" (prob with some number at the end)

straftrain1
Pk3 file: straftrain1.pk3

Here's my list of current tremulous strafe jump maps:
fsn_tricks, fsn_tricks2 (2nd edition is identicle, but has tree spam which kills fps)

something_hotjumps_rc1, hotjumps something else (second one isn't on MG but was completed properly in that square room and had a marauder course. I don't have the second map now. The map was an obstacle course for certain classes i.e. dretch, marauder and it was literally the best strafe jump course made.)

Ascari, has a turret then 3 lanes of strafe jumps.

Thurze, starts with a bloody slick slide then standard strafe jump, then has an abyss pit and columns, then 'round-the-wall strafes.
My ProTrem mod and CPM implemention into Cuboid makes this last step a crapload easier:
http://youtu.be/t99G4-p2kDE (Go to 9:16, ignore my super-shit straferange race because I didn't do that properly)

Straferange, has 5 or 6 lanes of various obstacles, then a 8-lane (i think) race that goes into a massive hallway, with a 1st/2nd/3rd finish line stage. This was in that video link i just provided just after thurze.

straftrain1, the one you said basically. The slick slide is important in teaching people how strafe jumping ACTUALLY works imho.

tremstrafes, a map I made and isn't finished. Its not compatible with regular 1.1, if you want to try it on 1.1 you need to get a modded bob's OC (the ramp jump downwards makes stage 3 impossible for aliens and humans stage 1), or get a Tremfusion-based mod (i.e. KoRx, CoRx, DoHx [korcks, corks, dorks?])
An early version of this map was seen just before thurze in that same video link.

edit: Circlejump maps:
circlejump, circlejump2 (circlejump2 has a second set of harder ones, and a compact spaced circle jump, and a non-working overbounce section. The overbounce doesn't work probably because of trem's "step-down" feature for stairs)