Shrike (2)

Concept artwork for models and maps.
alexbo
Concept Artist

Re: Shrike (2)

Post by alexbo »

I modified the wings a bit. It's subtle but the perspective of the "fingers" make them look deeper. And it's also stretched to look bigger.

What do you think?

Thanks for the wishes! I'll have the unidentified green object :drool:

Attachments
shrike.jpg
shrike.jpg (247.95 KiB) Viewed 4561 times
Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Looks good! Wings should be big enough for taking off now.

Could you do one more thing and move the front foot further to the front so it comes out of the area where the shell is concave without decreasing its pixel size (so it gets bigger with regards to perspective) and move the back foot a bit to the rear and further down so it has a similiar position (and potentially change its pixel size to match the front foot's perspective size)? I made a sketch to clarify what I mean. I think this would make the Shrike look a tad more agile on the ground.

Apart from that I see no need for changes. Interested in yet another concept? :tongue:

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

Good Idea. 'ill find a moment to do that!

I sure am ready for something new.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Sweet! If you don't mind doing another gun I'd like to assign you the SMG next since it should have a similiar style as the HMG you did and is one of the last important objects lacking a concept.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

Cool! I'll check it out.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Hurry up, it seems like Cupside has already started on the Shrike model. :grin:

alexbo
Concept Artist

Post by alexbo »

Like so?

Attachments
shrike.jpg
shrike.jpg (250.69 KiB) Viewed 4533 times
Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

That works, too. (My original idea was to put them right in the concave area of the armor shells so they don't need to poke a hole in them, but the important part was that their distribution is more even, which is fine now.)