Tremulous map question

Ask questions about mapping in general, and show off your in-progress work.
jr2

Tremulous map question

Post by jr2 »

Is it possible to play Tremulous maps using Unvanquished, or is that incompatible? If it's incompatible, does it simply require a little brushing up of the old map, or does it really need to be re-written (or have heavy-duty work done to get it in a playable state)?

I'm asking because I know there were some really really cool custom maps in Trem (and I'm sure someone will want to port ATCS :rolleyes: ), so I was wondering how hard it would be.

Pardon me if this question has been asked or addressed before, but I didn't see any posts in the mapping section (yet!).

My signature can be found here on Hard Light Productions: bringing modders together

StalKermit
Dragoon

Re: Tremulous map question

Post by StalKermit »

It's extremely possible...
That's why, if you've played Unvanquished, you would see a few custom maps and original maps like ATCS.

jr2

Post by jr2 »

StalKermit wrote:

It's extremely possible...
That's why, if you've played Unvanquished, you would see a few custom maps and original maps like ATCS.

I see; I did fire it up but no one was on and I haven't taken a look through the .pk3s at all yet.

My signature can be found here on Hard Light Productions: bringing modders together

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Pretty much most of the maps included in the downloads are commonly played in gpp and 1.1, excluding those that spam parse entities something a rather like treecannon. I was thinking, strafserie_b (strafe map) should be included for strafe training to be included in a 'practice' section if there were to be added... or maybe create unvanquished's personal strafe map.