Human classes mod

Release and discuss things you've made, including mods.
ViruS
Granger

Re: Human classes mod

Post by ViruS »

I wouldn't say UrT uses "Strafe jumping" but "Camera turning while trying to move forward while jumping while your velocity vector is going sideways" because you can't actually sprint diagonally. That reminds me, Trem/Unv's human is also impared sideways by a multiplier of 0.9 and 0.8 backwards.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Cadynum

Post by Cadynum »

I think this is a bad idea. It removes a lot of interesting combinations, and allows you to spawn with upgrades even after the armory has been destroyed. It would also require you to die to upgrade to another class, which seems weird.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Cadynum wrote:

I think this is a bad idea. It removes a lot of interesting combinations, and allows you to spawn with upgrades even after the armory has been destroyed. It would also require you to die to upgrade to another class, which seems weird.

The point isn't to think of it as spawning with upgrades, as you can't sell these upgrades, and there are class-only weapons. The class-only weapons and the starting upgrades become part of the class and should not be thought of as separate upgrades in that sense.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

There is a server on 1.1, named 'F' that is being modded by 'Sex'. He implemented a basic 5-class thing into it where 0th' one is normal, and 1-5 simply change your statuses rather than restrict armour/weapons.
i.e. Turtle = Double health or something, but travels at 25% normal speed
Spy = Undetectable by server bots
Scout = half health, double speed
Glass cannon = 25% health, but deals double damage

ImageImageYou[TubeImage