Alien HUD

Release and discuss things you've made, including mods.
DwarfVader
Mantis

Alien HUD

Post by DwarfVader »

Hey Guys,

Don't know if this realy belongs here, but as the idiea torrent seems pretty much abandoned to me, i'll post this here.
Many of you know i am not pleased with the human weapon models and especially with the crappy hand textures present at the moment ( aka: ugliest broken wrist rifle hand texture ive ever seen -- the only one looking good is the shotgun hand... ). However i nevertheless like playing human more than playing alien, because you actually can see something on the screen beside the static UI elements themself, even if it is an ugly weapon model: it is dynamic , it moves, it has animations!!! Whereas the alien factions screen looks boring empty.

So I've wondered, if it isn't possible to have the alien arms shown at all time. In fact If you move sideways for a certain period of time they actualy appear for a second at least for the marauder and the tyrant model. Some might say: that takes away my vision, but to have that option for people who like it would be nice. I think a menu entry to enable/disable this or in context with the show gun/alien arms options would be nice. So the player has the Option to choose and/or tweak his UI to his flavor

I hope a modified screenshot shows what i mean:

The attachment alien visible HUD elements.jpg is no longer available

cheers
DwarfVader

Attachments
alien visible HUD elements.jpg
E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Re: Alien HUD

Post by E-Mxp »

Maybe it will be possible with Librocket to link the hud with the camerabobbing, so that the hud is moving and less static.

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

DwarfVader
Mantis

Post by DwarfVader »

would that make the alien arms visible all the time(not only during atack as it is now)?

Kynes

Post by Kynes »

This would be pretty easy to implement. You can kind of make the alien arms visible all of the time right now with changes to cg_gun* variables, but it looks terrible.

danmal

Post by danmal »

They'd probably need to be animated to look any good. Unfortunately Gavlig (did most of the alien animations) doesn't have the time at the moment.

DwarfVader
Mantis

Post by DwarfVader »

hmm, that's too bad :-(
... Just to be clear - what does the cg_gun variables do ? I don't meant, that the
outstretched alien arms (f.e => marauder arms during last phase of attack animation ) should be visible all the time, that would indeed look terrible :-)

->What sort of technique would be necessary, to blend in the arms in, so to say, "relaxation phase" while normal moving around at the same horizontal position where the wall crawling HUD Indicator currently is? would that attempt realy make it necessary to create a whole new bunch of animations, or could it be implemented following the often mentioned http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2oTt-rfAv8 approach to reposition "whatever camera is responsible" for the effect I meant? - I tryed to modify the cg_fov variable to get the arms into visible range with no result.... Well like I said : too bad if such an implementation would need a whole new bunch of animations created :-( but if it would, by any chance be possible to implement such behaviour only with the adjustment of variables and default values, PLEASE do it! :-)

cheers
Dwarfy in ze skies