Weapon Sounds

Release and discuss things you've made, including mods.
ViruS
Granger

Re: Weapon Sounds

Post by ViruS »

KenuR wrote:

No, you can't.

I wonder if you've ever heard a real gunshot sound before. It's more of a "puff" or "chug" rather than a "bam" depending on the bullet's weight, barrel length etc. but in general, most from what I've heard are "chug" noises.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

ViruS wrote:

I wonder if you've ever heard a real gunshot sound before. It's more of a "puff" or "chug" rather than a "bam" depending on the bullet's weight, barrel length etc. but in general, most from what I've heard are "chug" noises.

Well, I have fired one on several occasions, but that's beside the point. If you can make "excellent gunshot sounds" then prove it.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

It depends on the context. Also the mic that I use these days have too much hum/static and its bass is too low. To be honest, my only mic that I have right now that still works is one from 1990.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

I made a weapon switch/buy ammo sound (link)

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

bump

Can I have some feedback on this?

velociostrich
Dragoon

Post by velociostrich »

seana11 wrote:

bump

Can I have some feedback on this?

Yes, but you won't like it. It sounds like a stapler or similar; it's very tinny and is entirely lacking on the low end. Also, why would switching weapons make that sound? Shouldn't that sound more like rustling of clothes and clinking of D-rings and the like as you bring the next weapon up?

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

velociostrich wrote:

Yes, but you won't like it. It sounds like a stapler or similar; it's very tinny and is entirely lacking on the low end. Also, why would switching weapons make that sound? Shouldn't that sound more like rustling of clothes and clinking of D-rings and the like as you bring the next weapon up?

Ok, thanks. I was wondering why it didn't sound 'right'. @type of sound: this is similar to the current reload sound; go look at it.

viviavis

Post by viviavis »

Oh really well nice it

jakegabb

Post by jakegabb »

Yeah those sounds really are lacking man, sorry to break it to you. They sound like they'd make interesting percussion but nothing like a gun. I'll fix up something and post it on here when I'm free, unfortunately I have to look for jobs to sustain myself to be able to have time to make these in the first place.

I've uploaded an ambience background music/sound for the ship based levels on here which hopefully you'll all think is mint. It's the first contribution I've made, it's also in need of improvement and refinement so I'll just link it here and stop speaking:

http://unvanquished.net/forum/showthread.php/887-General-ambience-idea-I-knocked-up

YOU ARE NOT REAL. - https://soundcloud.com/yanr

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

jakegabb wrote:

Yeah those sounds really are lacking man, sorry to break it to you. They sound like they'd make interesting percussion but nothing like a gun. I'll fix up something and post it on here when I'm free, unfortunately I have to look for jobs to sustain myself to be able to have time to make these in the first place.

I've uploaded an ambience background music/sound for the ship based levels on here which hopefully you'll all think is mint. It's the first contribution I've made, it's also in need of improvement and refinement so I'll just link it here and stop speaking:

http://unvanquished.net/forum/showthread.php/887-General-ambience-idea-I-knocked-up

I'm not really sure how to makesounds in the first place. There are very few tutorials on google, and most of them don't relate to making video-game style sounds. This was mainly just a stapler with some modifications in audacity. I knew what I wanted it to sound like, but I really just wasn't sure how to make it like that...