cmake errors

Release and discuss things you've made, including mods.
danmal

Re: cmake errors

Post by danmal »

You need to download and install the directx SDK.

Ivancool

Post by Ivancool »

You need to download and install the directx SDK.

In theory you don't, just extract the attached files in MINGW/mingw/include folder. Anyway i can't compile got some errors and if i fix them pointing to the right libraries i screw up other libraries like freetype. So before persisting i have a dumb question.
It is possible to compile unvanquished with MINGW in windows? If so Can you provide your cmakecache file and more information like MINGW version, additional compiler flags, etc?

Thank you.

PD:If is possible, i'm interested in MINGW crosscompile in linux.

Attachments
dxsdkfiles.7z.zip
(68.8 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

It's possible, but, it's a little painful if you aren't familiar with how CMake works. I worked on Unvanquished with MinGW32, and in fact one of our alpha releases was built with MinGW32. As for crosscompile, I'm sure that's also possible, but probably even more painful.

velociostrich
Dragoon

Post by velociostrich »

As for setting the paths, I've gone and detailed all of them for you on the wiki. Now, it's been a while since I actually had a working build on Windows with MinGW, but (iirc) it worked in QtCreator (which uses the Code::Blocks CMake generator)... but not Code::Blocks. I do recall having this same issue that DirectX somehow becomes a dependency, and I don't know how I worked around it, but I think you're right that, no, it shouldn't be required. Sometime next week I may attempt another Windows build.