Q: How to find and edit the Trem models

Release and discuss things you've made, including mods.
Scampi

Q: How to find and edit the Trem models

Post by Scampi »

Greetings!
I have two questions in regards to the structure, weapon, alien and human 3D models from Tremulous. First, how would I go about obtaining them, and what file type would they be? And, what program would be best suited to go about editing them? I have a small project in mind involving custom weapon models (among other things). I have admittedly little experience with this, but a sudden abundance of free time has allowed me to seriously peruse this goal. I may be wrong, but I feel as if this might have an obvious answer to those around here.
Thank you for your time!

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Q: How to find and edit the Trem models

Post by kharnov »

Hi,

All of the assets for Tremulous are kept in the pk3 archives shipped with the game. Dig into them, the folder structure should be relatively straightforward. You can use Blender to import the files, which are in the MD3 format. For this, you'll need to find a working MD3 importer.

Our archives follow a similar structure, and some Tremulous assets are still there as placeholders. The files we produce ourselves are generally in the MD5 or IQM formats. You'll probably find difficulty in importing MD5, but IQM should be fairly easy.

Scampi

Re: Q: How to find and edit the Trem models

Post by Scampi »

Thanks!