Particle Effects

Release and discuss things you've made, including mods.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Particle Effects

Post by kharnov »

What would you consider "done" so far?

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

That lucifer cannon shot is fantastic! Only thing I would change is the contact explosion, since the explosion puff and lens flare are a bit low-res. How about a shower of sparks and a smoke cloud?

Spiney
Dretch

Post by Spiney »

It's really hard making the effect any more involved because of that ejector limit. I'll revise it once the limits are raised.
The grenade is a similar case where I would like to do a lot more. I'm also a bit concerned about performance, big smoke effects and such look fantastic but are very fillrate intense. I already had to tone down some of the smoke effects. I could also spam a ton of tiny particles, I don't know what the performance implications would be. A single Lucifer explosion is no big deal, I'm worrying what will happen when 2 guys spam hallways full of it.

As for what is done... Lucifer missile is pretty good now, perhaps I should make it scale with charge a bit, I'll need to test that.
Everything else is prone to change.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

See if you can get something ready in a week or two. I'd strongly like to put several new particle effects into next release. Your physical weapon collision puffs look fine already. Things can always be tweaked over successive releases, so get an initial batch done.

Spiney
Dretch

Post by Spiney »

It'll have to wait a bit longer. Sorry for being a slouch :bugeyes:

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

If you can, just package the luci fireball and the physical weapon shots for this release. They looked finished from what I last saw.