Treepak

Release and discuss things you've made, including mods.
bsp1t
Dretch

Treepak

Post by bsp1t »

Treepak is almost finished. Dont mind the fps, many background apps eating gpu. The ferns/ground stuff is under 30 polys. The trees are under 1k. Spam away. Tree barks are solid so you can climb up and hide in there. Also this was a simple fastvis, so dont inform me about minor shading errors, please. I didnt bounce the bouncy house. Yes, I also know the spec maps could be tuned a bit....

Ishq
Project Head

Re: Treepak

Post by Ishq »

Nice. Looks good. Will be a boon to mappers who want more outdoorsy maps.

bsp1t
Dretch

Post by bsp1t »

Good news everyone! Treepak 0.1 is out, and it comes as a suppository!

I'd like to get back to mapping, so if anyone wants to tweak the shader/textures please feel free to run with it. The only major problems are the specular maps, and you can easily tweak those to fit your scene. If you make a correction, please link it so it can be added.

I really hope you all can find some use for them. Small plants are around 20 tris, trees are under the 1500k range, so they should be spammable. Barks are q3map_clipmodel so you can climb up them and wait for a human to come by.

And here it is : (free to use for all)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpqg7t0fgjiysfh/treepak.zip

models :

models/plants/

01_bush.3ds
02_grass.3ds
dracio.3ds
fern1.3ds
fern2.3ds
fern3.3ds
tree_1.3ds
tree_2.3ds
tree_3.3ds

Last edited by bsp1t on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:40 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

The lower left plant on the lower screenshot looks nice. The others could use a little texture touchup on the stems. The one with the long and spiky leaves needs rotation for each layer.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

bsp1t
Dretch

Post by bsp1t »

I was going to add a tcmod stage, give them a bit of wind. Low on my list right now, but hey play with it. Got tons of time into this, need a break. Starting to feel like a monkey.