moonbase map concept

Release and discuss things you've made, including mods.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: moonbase map concept

Post by kharnov »

Well, a server could alter the gravity settings I suppose. Not sure if that can be done specifically by the map, but it would break balance anyway.

PadPlayer

Post by PadPlayer »

Hi ya!
As far as i know the gravity settings can be changed specifically for a map by using the gravity key in worldspawn. In addition there might be a trigger_gravity for changing gravity in a certain area which can be switched on/off.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Hi PadPlayer, welcome to our forums! :smile:

Gravity can be set on a per-map and even per-region basis, but the implementation isn't consistent in any way and you will get "unrealistic" effects. For example I don't think missiles like the dragoon snipe are affected at all.

Obviously you are also jeoparidizing the gameplay when you set a non-default gravity. It's fine for obvious fun maps but you will never see a serious match on a map with low gravity.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

bsp1t
Dretch

Post by bsp1t »

In case anyone is interested - some fixes...test stuff....

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/m1s ... tLX9-WMlgQ

bsp1t
Dretch

small status update

Post by bsp1t »

Well, cron and I have been working hard on models and textures... I think we have most of the shader issues fixed, and the models appear correct. These are some test sshots. Not perfect but I think we're getting closer to the quality we want.

Tom
Dragoon

Post by Tom »

Good job.

I also like maps with vegetation, water and lava. You can perhaps inspire you to some old maps for Tremulous like Ancient remains (see http://www.dasprids.de/files/maps/ancient_remains for the .map in the devel-* file) or Temple (a port of the map for Q3 Pyramid of magician by Sock).

If you are looking for fine textures you can also look at Nobiax's ones (http://nobiax.deviantart.com/gallery/24853853).

bsp1t
Dretch

Post by bsp1t »

Just wanted to let ya all know the concept is not forgotten. Many props to the team and especially cron. Moonbase has been refined many times to include proper gameplay, this is just a sshot of a WIP about the domes. Yea, I know lighting etc so dont even comment on it.... Remember some of this is speedmap and some of it is engine. It will look better, right now the focus is simply geometry. I CAN SEE THE LIGHTING, dont be picking apart every little detail. We are 2 guys, not a 100 man team with unlimited resources.

Tom
Dragoon

Post by Tom »

Interesting.