"zombie" times and loading times on old computers

Get support for Unvanquished.
ViruS
Granger

"zombie" times and loading times on old computers

Post by ViruS »

Basically how much time you're given before you're kicked from "lagging out" (999 ping for two minutes)
Lately, i have not been able to connect to any absolute server without lagging out before my map finishes loading. Also, the "kick" message is wrong, it says "server disconnected for unknown reason."
Anyways, is it possible for a seperate cvar similar, but it has a loading limit of at most 8 minutes before kick? I know it seems much, but i've even had a 90 minute load on KoRx before.

If this doesn't happen, maybe you need to somehow improve the loading time when it loads instead (i don't think this is much possible at the moment), but i know where it usually slows down, it usually slows down on the last bar, at the last 10%, or on the main bar, the last 3%.
It usually loads the first two bars within 10 seconds, second bar up to 90% at 20 seconds, 97% at approx. 2 minutes (yes, wtf, to load 7% is crazy) and then the last percentage about another 2-3 minutes. Having bigger maps (such as pulse) only increases the first bar's loading time by about another 10 seconds.

Btw: I've tried toning down the settings through the UI menu when i devmapped a server, but it doesn't help. It increases the loading time actually.