Unable to set dedicated server to local or LAN only

Get support for Unvanquished.
8bitTheologian

Unable to set dedicated server to local or LAN only

Post by 8bitTheologian »

Hello,

I hope this is not a repost. I read through the forums and did not see anyone else having this issue. I'm having a rather odd problem regarding my dedicated server. I am unable to set it to local or LAN only. I have tried various combinations of the following variables in my server.cfg file, and no matter what I try, my server always sends a heartbeat to the master server and shows up in the public server list.

set server.lanOnly
set sv_dedicated
set dedicated

I know this is not an issue with daemon executing my server.cfg file because it reads the other configuration settings just fine. I am on Ubuntu 20.04 and built from source using the v0.51.1 branch.

Thank you for any help you can provide and for all the work you put into this incredible project.

killing time
Programmer

Re: Unable to set dedicated server to local or LAN only

Post by killing time »

Code: Select all

set server.private 3
8bitTheologian

Post by 8bitTheologian »

Thank you for your fast reply. That variable seems to have fixed the issue. Setting it to 2 actually fit my use case best, but either way, the issue is resolved. I did not see that particular variable documented anywhere. Is there a list somewhere of server variables, or is that still a work in progress?

illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

Yes, it's work in progress. I've seen it listed there: https://wiki.unvanquished.net/wiki/Cvar_Changes

But that's probably the only place at this point. :granger:

[Edit, in fact it's misstyped in that page, I fix it lol :tongue:]

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.