The game won't start.

Get support for Unvanquished.
brunbamse

The game won't start.

Post by brunbamse »

So I installed the game from the home page and extracted it to my destop and opened the 'updater' and let it download and update. It tells me to hit the '>' on the right side and when i click it, the updater windows exits and nothing happens. Its ran as adminstrator by the way.

Any one knows the problem?

illwieckz
Project Head

Re: The game won't start.

Post by illwieckz »

Hello, welcome !

I don't know yet what is your problem, but you really don't need to run it as administrator and please do not do it, it's bad for you to run as administrator something you just found on the Internet. Try first to run the game as user, and if it does not work, do not try to run it as administrator at all and come back here to get help while running the game as user. Running as user is the expected behavior, so you really have far far more chance to get help if you try to run the game as user, if you run the game as user, you will not be alone. :wink:

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

cu-kai
Web Crew
Clan: CU

Post by cu-kai »

You should try opening daemon.exe, not as an administrator, in the folder you installed Unvanquished to.

Web Raccoon

brunbamse

Post by brunbamse »

Opening the daemon worked very well, checked the game out however no one was on atm but looks pretty cool

cu-kai
Web Crew
Clan: CU

Post by cu-kai »

Good to know you like it!

Development games are on Sundays at 20:00 UTC and they can happen on nay server, though I think if you hang around for long enough on a server someone may join you as the irc channel is pinged when there are people online.

Web Raccoon

illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

though I think if you hang around for long enough on a server someone may join you as the irc channel is pinged when there are people online.

Yes, it works! By the way, you must know the irc bot ignores spectators, so if you are connected to a server, the irc channel will be pinged only if you have joined a team first.

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.