Local Server: Segment Fault

Get support for Unvanquished.
alebrije

Local Server: Segment Fault

Post by alebrije »

when I start a server locally to play a game and at the time of stopping the server (when the game ended) I get the following message:

----- Server Shutdown -----
Error: Crashed with signal 11: Segmentation fault

This was on map Perseus but happens to me with other maps.

Here the screenshot.

And the console output on linux terminal (I forget to record the terminal with condump) :confused:

Graphic Card: AMD Radeon HD 7560D (it's an APU A8-5600K)
Debug information: see the link above :wink:
Unv version: (was) alpha 0.48

Ishq
Project Head

Re: Local Server: Segment Fault

Post by Ishq »

Error: SGame VM: Could not load maps/perseus.bsp <-- That's an odd error.

ALso, could you check your homepath for a crashdump folder and upload the files inside there?

alebrije

Post by alebrije »

Ishq wrote:

Error: SGame VM: Could not load maps/perseus.bsp <-- That's an odd error.

ALso, could you check your homepath for a crashdump folder and upload the files inside there?

To be sure that no other file was in the folder crashdump, i delete all and I started a game on the same map (2 times) and no file was generated in that folder (crashdump).
But I had other files crash-*.dmp that were generated previously, I wouldn't be able to tell you from what error were generated. :confused:

Here those crash-*.dmp files.

So... I Should change the title of the post ? (somethig like Error: SGame VM: Could not load maps/perseus.bsp )

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Thanks. Let's find out the source of the crash first. That error message was just odd, not necessarily the cause of the crash (it shouldn't crash like that)

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Very interesting. From the crashdump files, it seems that the server crashes while shutting down due to the error about not finding perseus. How are you starting the local server? Could you list your full repro steps? (Like, clicked this menu, modfied this value or typed this command into the console?) I should fix that crash, but it also seems the crash is unrelated to why the server is shutting down.

alebrije

Post by alebrije »

Ishq wrote:

Very interesting. From the crashdump files, it seems that the server crashes while shutting down due to the error about not finding perseus. How are you starting the local server? Could you list your full repro steps? (Like, clicked this menu, modfied this value or typed this command into the console?) I should fix that crash, but it also seems the crash is unrelated to why the server is shutting down.

When the game start ups:
1. I select the option Start local/LAN game

2. I pick the map Perseus from the list:

3. Then click on the button Start:

4. Select the alien team and i added some bots to play...

5. Finally the alien team wins and the scoreboard shows up...

6. And finally i pressed the ESC key to show up the main menu and select the option stop server...

...the crash message appears (like in the first post).

I did it again and this time a dmp file was created on the crashdump dir, and i recorded a demo (its just 11 mins), and again the txt file of the console output from the terminal linux: files here in a zip file.

Well, maybe its not the right way to stop a local game.I should use the option Leave match ? (from the menu)

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Awesome detailed repro instructions. Thanks!

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Can you reproduce this 100% of the time? I cannot reproduce this on master. Some things we can try: Does pressing stop server cause the crash before you win the game. Does it happen for both teams? (You can quickly end the game with /alienWin or /humanWin).

alebrije

Post by alebrije »

Ishq wrote:

Can you reproduce this 100% of the time?

Yes, al the time in both of my distros: LMDE 17.3 and openSUSE 42.1

Ishq wrote:

Does pressing stop server cause the crash before you win the game.

Nope, if i stop the server before the games ends, the error doesn't happen. The server shutdown normally.

Ishq wrote:

Does it happen for both teams? (You can quickly end the game with /alienWin or /humanWin)

Yes, with both teams.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

I forgot to ask this question before, but doesn't it matter when you click stop server when the game ends? Do you click to "ready up" first?