Game breaking graphics problem

Get support for Unvanquished.
zest

Game breaking graphics problem

Post by zest »

Would like to start by expressing how truly excited i am to have the opportunity to play this game. i played Tremulous years ago and have been itching for a remake for year.

Anyways onto the problem at hand, so the game starts up just fine, but when i actually get into the game i have immediate graphic issues. basically, anything that pops onto the screen stays there, if i move the screen, it makes copies of itself over and over creating a blurry mess of colors. kind of hard to explain, but the point is it makes the game completely unplayable. only thing that is not effected by this, is if there is open sky, i clan look up and see the sky box and that 1 thing is ok. so either it does this or everything is bright red, i can see moving shadows, bullet holes, explosions, fire, and the flat black "slime" texture underneath alien structures. cant see the world, cant see people, cant see structures. every so often the game works as it should, but the problem kicks in after a minute or if i reset or die.

Not sure if its a known problem but in another post from 2014 i read something that was kind of like it and it suggested going into my lighting setting to turn something to vertex, no change.

Microsoft Windows 8.1 (build 9600), 64-bit
Radeon HD 8670M
game version: Alpha 0.42

As a side note, i am in no way well versed in computers so explain things to me like im 5.

Ishq
Project Head

Re: Game breaking graphics problem

Post by Ishq »

Hey, welcome to our forums. First, could you make sure your drivers are up to date? Secondly, In the options menu under graphics, could you disable motion blur and see if that helps? Lastly, if you could give us a log of the start up? To do this:

1. Start the game.
  2. Once you are at the main menu, press shift-esc at the same time so the console pops up.
  3. Type /condump mylog.txt
  4. Close Unvanquished.
  5. Go to My Documents\My Games\Unvanquished and look for mylog.txt.
  6. Post the contents of mylog.txt to the forums.
zest

Post by zest »

so here is the condump:

Extracting VM module cgame-x86_64.nexe from C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.42.0.pk3...
Loading VM module cgame-x86_64.nexe...
Loaded VM module in 457 msec
INFO: Loaded font face Roboto Bold (from fonts/Roboto-Bold.ttf).
INFO: Loaded font face Roboto Bold Italic (from fonts/Roboto-BoldItalic.ttf).
INFO: Loaded font face Roboto Italic (from fonts/Roboto-Italic.ttf).
INFO: Loaded font face Roboto Regular (from fonts/Roboto-Regular.ttf).
INFO: Loaded font face FontAwesome Regular (from fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf).
INFO: Loaded font face DejaVu Sans Condensed (from fonts/DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf).
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command '+scores' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command '-scores' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'a' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'asay' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'beacon' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'beaconMenu' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'build' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'buy' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'callteamvote' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'callvote' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'class' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'clientlist' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'damage' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'deconstruct' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'destroy' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'destroyTestPS' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'destroyTestTS' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'follow' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'follownext' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'followprev' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'give' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'god' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'ignite' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'ignore' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'itemact' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'itemdeact' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'itemtoggle' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'kill' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'lcp' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'listmaps' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'listrotation' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'm' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'maplog' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'me' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'message_admin' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'message_command' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'message_public' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'message_team' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'me_team' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'mt' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'nextframe' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'nextskin' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'noclip' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'notarget' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'prevframe' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'prevskin' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'reload' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'reloadHud' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'rocket' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'say' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'say_area' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'say_area_team' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'say_team' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'sell' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'setviewpos' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'showScores' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'sizedown' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'sizeup' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'team' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'teamvote' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'testcgrade' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'testgun' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'testmodel' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'testPS' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'testTS' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'toggleMenu' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'unignore' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'viewpos' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'vote' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'vsay' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'vsay_local' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'vsay_team' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'weapnext' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'weapon' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'weapprev' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'where' which is already registered
Zest entered the game
[H] edaq: thx
Zest joined the aliens
●[bot] Nolwen was mowed down by ●edaq
Humans win
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Documents\My Games\Unvanquished\pkg/unvanquished_0.42.0+git7ae3ea4+1_a4511191.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.42.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.41.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.40.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.39.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.38.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.37.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.36.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.35.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.34.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.33.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.32.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.31.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.30.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.29.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.28.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.27.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.26.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.25.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/tex-common_2.0.pk3'...
timescale is cheat-protected.
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Documents\My Games\Unvanquished\pkg/unvanquished_0.42.0+git7ae3ea4+1_a4511191.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.42.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.41.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.40.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.39.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.38.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.37.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.36.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.35.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.34.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.33.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.32.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.31.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.30.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.29.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.28.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.27.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.26.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.25.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Documents\My Games\Unvanquished\pkg/map-vega_b4.pk3'...
Warn: Invalid filename 'textures/vega_custom_src/.directory' in pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Documents\My Games\Unvanquished\pkg/map-vega_b4.pk3'
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/tex-common_2.0.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Documents\My Games\Unvanquished\pkg/tex-vega_b4.pk3'...
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Documents\My Games\Unvanquished\pkg/map-vega_b4.pk3'...
Warn: Invalid filename 'textures/vega_custom_src/.directory' in pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Documents\My Games\Unvanquished\pkg/map-vega_b4.pk3'
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Documents\My Games\Unvanquished\pkg/tex-vega_b4.pk3'...
timescale is cheat-protected.
Calling GetRefAPI…

GL_VENDOR: ATI Technologies Inc.
GL_RENDERER: AMD Radeon HD 8650G + 8670M Dual Graphics
GL_VERSION: 4.2.12420 Compatibility Profile Context 13.151.0.0
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 4.30
GL_MAX_VERTEX_UNIFORM_COMPONENTS 16384
Using OpenGL 3.x context
Using GPU vertex skinning with max 256 bones in a single pass
Extracting VM module cgame-x86_64.nexe from C:\Users\fatyc_000\Desktop\unvanquished\win64\pkg/unvanquished_0.42.0.pk3...
Loaded VM module in 472 msec
INFO: Loaded font face FontAwesome Regular (from fonts/fontawesome-webfont.ttf).
INFO: Loaded font face DejaVu Sans Condensed (from fonts/DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf).
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command '+scores' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command '-scores' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'a' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'asay' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'beacon' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'beaconMenu' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'build' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'buy' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'callteamvote' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'callvote' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'class' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'clientlist' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'damage' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'deconstruct' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'destroy' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'destroyTestPS' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'destroyTestTS' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'follow' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'follownext' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'followprev' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'give' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'god' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'ignite' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'ignore' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'itemact' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'itemdeact' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'itemtoggle' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'kill' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'lcp' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'listmaps' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'listrotation' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'm' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'maplog' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'me' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'message_admin' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'message_command' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'message_public' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'message_team' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'me_team' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'mt' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'nextframe' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'nextskin' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'noclip' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'notarget' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'prevframe' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'prevskin' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'reload' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'reloadHud' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'rocket' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'say' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'say_area' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'say_area_team' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'say_team' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'sell' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'setviewpos' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'showScores' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'sizedown' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'sizeup' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'team' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'teamvote' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'testcgrade' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'testgun' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'testmodel' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'testPS' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'testTS' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'toggleMenu' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'unignore' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'viewpos' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'vote' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'vsay' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'vsay_local' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'vsay_team' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'weapnext' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'weapon' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'weapprev' which is already registered
Warn: VM 'CGame' tried to register command 'where' which is already registered
[bot] Clodomir disconnected
Humans win
[bot] Clodomir disconnected
[bot] Alaric disconnected
[bot] Alaric disconnected
[bot] Renan disconnected
[bot] Renan disconnected
[bot] Urrotz disconnected
[bot] Urrotz disconnected
[bot] Nolwen disconnected
[bot] Nolwen disconnected
[bot] Muxika disconnected
[bot] Muxika disconnected
Server: g_botKickVotesAllowedThisMap changed to 1
[bot] Adelin connected
[bot] Adelin entered the game
[bot] Baudry connected
[bot] Baudry entered the game
[bot] Renan connected
[bot] Renan entered the game
[bot] Belem connected
[bot] Belem entered the game
[bot] Urrotz connected
[bot] Urrotz entered the game
[bot] Lena connected
[bot] Lena entered the game
DRM vs. freeloaders entered the game
Zest entered the game
●[bot] Renan was sliced by ●[bot] Urrotz's Mantis
●[bot] Adelin was sliced by ●[bot] Urrotz's Mantis
●[bot] Baudry was bitten by ●[bot] Belem
Zest joined the aliens
●[bot] Urrotz was machinegunned by ●[bot] Adelin; ●[bot] Renan assisted
●[bot] Belem was machinegunned by ●[bot] Baudry; ●[bot] Renan assisted
●[bot] Belem was machinegunned by ●[bot] Baudry
●[bot] Lena was gunned down by ●[bot] Adelin
DRM vs. freeloaders called a vote: Change to map 'plat23' layout 'map is too huge'
●[bot] Adelin was bitten by ●[bot] Belem; ●[bot] Lena assisted
Loading pak 'C:\Users\fatyc_000\Documents\My Games\Unvanquished\pkg/unvanquished_0.42.0+git7ae3ea4+1.pk3'...
Loaded VM module in 499 msec
]/comdump mylog.txt
Unknown command "comdump"

prior to doing the condump i turned motion blur off and tried the game out, it worked for a moment then everything went gray scale and overlapped itself with the same problem as before. so no noticeable change there.
drivers appear to be updated.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

We just released a new alpha today. Could you try that one out?

zest

Post by zest »

yeah ill get right to it, do i go in and install the new game like i did when i first got it and move the files around again?