I need help how to unzip the download file to open & play?

Get support for Unvanquished.
needsomehelp

I need help how to unzip the download file to open & play?

Post by needsomehelp »

Hello everyone, I can not remember what to do when I download a .zip file game so I can make a short cut on desktop to get in and play the game. Can you please tell me in easy to understand steps I need to do on the .zip file in my download folder? I hope to here back soon so I can get in to play. Thanks for your help.

needsomehelp

Re: I need help how to unzip the download file to open & pla

Post by needsomehelp »

Hay is there any one able to tell me how to un-zip the game download so I can play? I have tried all the things I know of but I can't
find the way to get the game to un zip thedownload then I can find the game launcher file to get into the game? PLz tell me what to
do with the .zip file??

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Unzip the archive. Inside, unzip win32.zip into the same directory. daemon.exe is the launcher.

needsomehelp

Post by needsomehelp »

I have Windows 8.1 64 bit laptop. Ok I unziped the download game file folder and there are just 6 files there. So I clicked on the
Win32 and it opens up and I see the daemon file folder. So I click on it and a small window opens up and its says compressed zip folder
And it says this application my depend on other compressed files in this folder. For this Application to run properly it is recommended
for you to first extract all the other files. then i have 2 things to click on extract all or run. So i clicked on extract all then the daemon file
did not change to daemon.exe so then the game would play. but it says daemon file is not working properly. So then I click on Run
and it then it say I am missing SDL2.dll file. but it is not missing I see it and it has 984 Kb's.
So now I don't know what to do now because there is something really wrong? The game is just like 580Mbs so why not make the game download like most other games and not a Zip file folder.
So I open Win64 and all the same files are there and on daemon file I click on it and same window opens and I click extract and say same thing daemon file not working right. And run say same thing missing SDL2.dll file but is is not missing its there in the files.
So it says I have to extract more files even though the game unziped from the download file. What shold I so now to get this game to work??

needsomehelp

Re: Ok forget every thing I tried to do & ask ?, & see new ?

Post by needsomehelp »

I'm not very good with doing what the 1 answer I got so i can get the game to start. ( sorry I just don't ever use .zip files to know what to do with it) That's why I'm having so much trouble with trying to get the game to start up.
I don't understand where is unzip the archive.? And then how do I get the
win32.zip into same directory.? Where or How do I find that directory file to put the un-win32.zip file? Then I know if I can see the
daemon.exe file I know that is the launcher file so I can then make a shortcut with it to desktop to click on it then the game will start up.
I hope some one will take the time to explain in easy steps so I can play? Thanks and I hope I gt a good answers?

Caldazar

Post by Caldazar »

Okay. You download unvanquished_0.36.0.zip and unzip it. In there are a few files (win32.zip, win64.zip, ...) and a subfolder called 'pkg'. Move all that into a folder called Unvanquished (or wherever you want them). Then unzip the win64.zip.
Now youc "Unvanquished" folder should contain a few more files: daemon.exe, SDL2.dll, and a few others. All those files and the pkg subfolder have to be in the same folder. Then click daemon.exe and the game should launch.
If that works you can create a shortcut by rightclicking on daemon.exe.
Does that help?

needsomehelp

Post by needsomehelp »

Thanks Caldaza, Your help Ideas helped me and now the game is working great.!! What I did, I noticed in my documents folder
in mygames folder there was all 3 of those files you said to put in 1 folder and I named it what U said. So all i did was highlight each file
& clicked copy then opened downloads folder where the unvanquished folder was and pasted each of the 3 folders. Then I unziped
the win64.zip file and then there was daemon.exe file on top of the pkg files and i clicked on it and the game started. So i set up the game and then quit and came back to daemon and Rt clicked and made a desktop Icon and the game starts up there to!! I'm glad you gave me all your great Ideas! Now I will remember how to un-zip other games that come in a .zip download. Now i hope theres plenty
of players to play different games on each server. THX and take care.