High power blaster?

Get support for Unvanquished.
icaro440
Marauder

High power blaster?

Post by icaro440 »

hello again, I've played few games on a home server, and I've noticed that the blaster ..... well, let's say the blaster is more powerful than the lcannon ( :grin: :grin: :grin: ), since I could kill anything , (structures, rants...etc) with a single blaster shot.

Is it a funny bug? or is there any cvar to set the power of the blaster?

I've been looking here:

http://unvanquished.net/wiki/index.php/New_Cvars

but found nothing related.

ViruS
Granger

Re: High power blaster?

Post by ViruS »

You could compile the code with blaster damage = 9999 I guess...
It's probably a bug. Did you try starting up the server multiple times?
(I remember once there was a bug where a rant had two weapons that fired simultaneously: blaster and swipe)

icaro440
Marauder

Post by icaro440 »

hi Super Virus!. nah default releases, I did not modify anything.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

There is no cvar for the blaster damage. It is defined in a configuration file (main/configs/weapon/blaster.attr.cfg). Maybe that file is missing or outdated (an older version might have a bad value, configuration files were created by hand recently and can contan errors). Check whether you have all pak*.pk3 files installed and there are no additional pk3s in your home folder that could be overwriting that file.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

icaro440
Marauder

Post by icaro440 »

aha, i see...a fresh install fixed the problem.

Thank you!

icaro440
Marauder

Post by icaro440 »

mfff, no, unfortunately that fresh installation did not solve the problem, I thought so, because I did /devmap and apparently everything was fine. but I'm back to run the server and the problem persists. (Client and server are the same build).

EDIT:

:thumbdown: When I did the 1st test with /devmap (client) I didnt realize that g_friendlybuildablefire = 0 and g_friendlyfire = 0, i have tested the client again ( /devmap.....g_friendlybuildablefire = 1 and g_friendlyfire = 1 and....yes, the client has the same problem. :frown: :frown: :frown:

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

caugh caugh pulse also has the same effect.

I played with VolTagE's home-hosted server, and had the same problems.
Here's the evidence:
deathblaster.dm_86
deathblaster2.dm_86

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

It has to have something to do with the missile code rewrite I did, which puts damage values into config files. However, the configs shipped with my installation are fine and I can't reproduce the error on a clean install, so I still assume your installation isn't clean. Make sure you have the correct pk3 files loaded. Post the console output of the server and I can tell you.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

can't edit posts anymore?

Anyway I realised its MOD is actually 'killed by' implying that the system doesn't know what the MOD was.

edit: Oh, I found the button. Anyway, it only applies to all missiles with direct hit. Splash is normal.

icaro440
Marauder

Post by icaro440 »

Hi Viech, how about if we do this by brute force? I can send you a copy of the files that we use, as well as the commands and parameters that we use to launch the server, that way you can tell us what we're doing wrong.

Do not know what can be wrong, I assure you that the installation has been clean, from 0, on a machine that never had Unvanquished installed.

If I may, I will send you a link (dropbox) to an archive (7z) that contains our server settings and files.

greetings!