Menu background

Request new features or present your ideas.
banksy
Mantis

Menu background

Post by banksy »

Not a biggie but I think it would really add some effect if the menus background was active. For example the stars could float around, and possibly the human could slightly move/sway. And aliens could scatter around here and there from the light into the darkness and what not. I mean this isnt really needed yet, but its just little things like this that keep people coming back.
This is just a suggestion remember so no need to be hostile :P

ViruS
Granger

Re: Menu background

Post by ViruS »

I should also suggest a cvar for toggling animation. The classic tremulous menu lagged my client so much I don't even access that menu anymore (using server browsers).

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Our menus (and Tremulous's menus, for that matter) have no animation.

velociostrich
Dragoon

Post by velociostrich »

Ishq wrote:

Our menus (and Tremulous's menus, for that matter) have no animation.

That's the proposal.

ViruS wrote:

I should also suggest a cvar for toggling animation. The classic tremulous menu lagged my client so much I don't even access that menu anymore (using server browsers).

You should not be having this problem unless there is something very, very wrong with the main menu rendering. I do know that Tremulous' planet, even though it is entirely black, is actually a needlessly very high-poly icosphere. (just enable r_showTris to see what I mean).

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I don't see why couldn't they just use shader and shove a circle instead of having to use such a complex way. not to mention, I had already noticed the sharp vertices of the planet ages ago.

For some reason, even though Tremfusion was just a background image and a few more images for "menus" curvy looks, but I remembered that used to lag my desktop computer that came from way back in 2005.

Anyway putting advanced main menus shouldn't be a problem for modern day computer, but at least I got the explaination for trem's laggy main screen, but just to be sure, if we do, put a cvar and setting.

I remembered how much of a pain it was just to navigate in the WarSow menu, just one of the contributing reasons why I don't play it anymore.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage