commanders

Request new features or present your ideas.
gavlig
Animator

commanders

Post by gavlig »

I'm not sure if this question is lightened anywhere, so i'll leave it here.

What about commanders? Can you implement a role of a team commander like in savage(1 and 2) or natural selection 2(don't know about 1, haven't seen it).
I think, one person with microphone who can see all discovered areas, positions of allies and foes, maybe some resources(if any) can coordinate team very efficiently and make the whole game more team-play oriented. It worked for many battles in savage and savage 2, i can assure you :)

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Re: commanders

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Almost all of Unvanquished players are from Tremulous, and if you've seen how Tremulous is played not sure it will work as your suggestion. Only a few experienced players display some sign of teamwork and the rest just go about their own way. Perhaps with subsequent updates and possible game play changes will it be feasible.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

I've played tremulous(not much though) and i agree, that most people just go alone. But with ingame voice chat and some map control features, i guess, commanders can be more required :) And for some clan wars one commander might give huge advantage.

AngeryZombie

Post by AngeryZombie »

there's only one thing humans need to communicate and that's their taunt. Anyone know that when someone says, Come On!, they ether want you to come with them or retreat. How would actually being able to hear someone give me orders make me want to follow them?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Metroidude

Post by Metroidude »

I honestly think this is a really cool idea. Maybe add it in a future release?
To be quite frank, I welcome any idea that would make Trem more team oriented.

Aurealis

Post by Aurealis »

This would go in the gameplay suggestion thread. I don't think this would work well with Trem, however.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
{DSPro|Clan Forums}

Paradox

Post by Paradox »

This could be an interesting idea, but I fear that it would make this game far too much like Natural Selection which, IMO, isn't that fun

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

I haven't played natural selection, but i've played savage and a lot of strategies :) I think it would be totally fun to help guys in the field by pointing some key positions, enemy locations etc. And as for fighters, it's convenient to have somebody watching your back or showing you the best direction to attack, build, etc. Of course, not all of us are good strategists or tacticians and bad commander can spoil the game but voting system can help with that.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

if there was a leveling system like in most modern FPS games this could work if there was a game mode that has this feature and in order to play on this mode you needed to be of a high enough level.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

Why? I'm sure there are a lot of people who would play as a commander without any additional encouragement, like experience etc.