We have IdeaTorrent up!

Request new features or present your ideas.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

We have IdeaTorrent up!

Post by kharnov »

Test it out here! Let's all give this thing a field trial and see how it goes.

http://unvanquished.net/ideas/ideatorrent

We've set this up so that we can easily keep track of which ideas are popular and which have the most support behind them. The system, from what I've seen so far, is pretty great. It's the same one used by Ubuntu, if you've used their idea tracker system before. Since we haven't really done anything with the default theme, it may still mention Ubuntu in spots, but you can safely ignore that. Of course, you'll need to create a new account on it to use it, but it won't take you much time.

Some features I think are particularly great:

• Anonymous voting! Of course, you can still comment on things. However, if you don't feel like engaging in an endless argument, you can just downvote something. On the more positive side of things, you can upvote something if you agree with it and have nothing else to say on the matter. If you completely don't care, there's an option for that too!

• Duplicate idea detection! The system automatically detects if your idea is a duplicate or not, and tells you so. That way, the same ideas aren't repeated.

• Easy sorting! It has support for categories. Later on, when this thing becomes more cluttered, I'll be adding categories to it so that you can sort through ideas.

• Easy tracking! Ideas can be tracked from proposal, to acceptance, and then to implementation.

• Multiple solutions! Each proposal can have multiple solutions attached to it, in case you want to discuss the same thing, but from a different perspective.

If all goes well, we'll be giving it a custom theme and we'll (hopefully) be using it as our primary source of community ideas. This is just one part of my plan for a massive web overhaul for Unvanquished. Stay tuned for more!

KenuR
Tyrant

Re: We have IdeaTorrent up!

Post by KenuR »

This is great, this will make things so much easier.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Cool. I'll start voting...
Here's some feedback about the popular polls created by viech:
plasma stun seems overpowered. Even korx's pulse is super OP. (fire secondary twice, spam primary = dead), but i voted yes.
Md zoom-age seems fine as is, but the scope seems interesting so i voted yes.
Alien base is easier to kill than human base to me, so i think the fact aliens find it easy to run is a match.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

ViruS wrote:

plasma stun seems overpowered. Even korx's pulse is super OP. (fire secondary twice, spam primary = dead), but i voted yes.
Alien base is easier to kill than human base to me, so i think the fact aliens find it easy to run is a match.

TL;DR version: "downvote"

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

ViruS wrote:

You can (and should, for greater impact) post such comments on the idea tracker itself! just reference what solution you are talking about as you can only comment on ideas, not on solutions.

I really love the idea tracker, this is exactly what I was looking for. We should move all the ideas on the wiki over there and also direct people posting precise ideas on the forums to it. The forums should be used when people want to develope their ideas before submitting them on the ideatorrent and the wiki should only be used for documentation. That way we will get an awesome crowd-thinktank up.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

How come I can't propose solutions? It just says "Access Denied" when I try doing that.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

KenuR wrote:

How come I can't propose solutions? It just says "Access Denied" when I try doing that.

That seems to be a known problem. Until this is fixed you can only post new ideas and vote existing solutions.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

It's fixed. You can now submit solutions as a regular user.

Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Post by Gireen »

Keep in mind this until the new Website is done this is in a unstable state.
If you register your Name must be the same as in the forum or you can lose the ideatorrent account.
Later there will be no need to register/login into ideatorrent when you have already a forum account.

And i think the way you use it her is a bit wrong.
http://unvanquished.net/ideas/ideatorrent/idea/4/
It would be better to create one idea per weapon where you can vote for the best alternate firemode for these.

At the end of every idea should only be one best solution.

fear ma engrish :granger:

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Gireen wrote:

And i think the way you use it her is a bit wrong.
http://unvanquished.net/ideas/ideatorrent/idea/4/
It would be better to create one idea per weapon where you can vote for the best alternate firemode for these.

At the end of every idea should only be one best solution.

Is it possible to split that up without deleting any votes?