CS-Inspired Game Mode

Request new features or present your ideas.
seana11
Tyrant

CS-Inspired Game Mode

Post by seana11 »

(Please note that all numbers may change, especially scoring and feats)

Gameplay

There are a fixed amount of players per team; all others spectate. The amount of players varies depending on the map; for example, ATCS might have 5 players, while Karith might have 8. Each team has 1 builder. There are 7 rounds. For the first 2 rounds, the teams are s1, the second 2 s2, and the last 3, s3. The team that wins the most rounds wins.

The round is divided into 5 stages. The first stage is a short break of 30 seconds where the players may discuss strategy.

In the second stage, players may spawn, but may not attack, buy weapons, evolve, or build until all other players have spawned; they may not leave the area of creep/bp during this time. (This could be enforced via solid barrier or instadeath followed by respawn).

For the third stage, players may buy weapons and armour, evolve, or buy feats. The builder may not buy weapons and armour, or evolve. The players may not attack ducring this time, nor may the builder build. The second stage ends after a default of 15 seconds.

In the fourth stage, players may build and attack as normal. Deaths are permanent until the next round. This stage lasts 5 minutes.

In the fifth stage, the medistation and booster are disabled, as well as the effects of creep. Builders may not build but may repair (similar to sd). All players will lose 4% of their maximum health each second. The last surviving team wins that round.

Optional Rule:

The position of builder is assigned randomly each round. The builder get 1 evo/400 credits multiplied by the amount of time they were alive. (For example, joe is builder and is killed at the 4 minute mark. He gets 400*(4/5)=320 credits)

Scoring

Players earn the normal amount of evos/credits per kill.

Players earn 1.5 evos/600 credits for destroying a node. The node will be recreated the next round.

The whole team earns .25 evos/100 credits per member of the opposing team if all of the opposing team's members were killed.

Feats

Feats are special abilities that players retain throughout all 7 rounds. New feats are attained at every stage, and are unique for humans and aliens.

Humans:

Sixth-Sense: Humans have a very short range radar (100u most likely). 400 credits

Extra Damage: All weapons do 15% more damage. 500 credits

Regeneration: Regenerates 1 hp per second. 600 credits

Aliens

Extra HP: 15% more hp. 1 evo

Silence: Sounds are 50% quieter. 1.25 evos

Invisibility: Alien becomes almost invisible after 3 seconds of motionlessness, and disappears from radar. It reappears after movement. 1.5 evos.

rhez
Dretch

Re: CS-Inspired Game Mode

Post by rhez »

Interesting... A few inquiries:
If I am correct, the alien is not physically invisible, but just only unable to be detected by radar (i.e. helmets)?
Isn't Sixth-Sense just basically the helmet?
What's the point of spawns if death is permanent until the next round (other than for the evos/credits? Can't the team just destroy their buildings to prevent that?)?

_RRRR___H___H_EEEEE_ZZZZZ_
_R___R__H___H_E________Z__
_RRRR___HHHHH_EEEEE___Z___
_R___R__H___H_E______Z____
_R____R_H___H_EEEEE_ZZZZZ_
Now that's what I call a Rhez-olution.
Avatar image by Akele (CC BY-SA)

seana11
Tyrant

Re: CS-Inspired Game Mode

Post by seana11 »

rhez wrote:

Interesting... A few inquiries:
If I am correct, the alien is not physically invisible, but just only unable to be detected by radar (i.e. helmets)?
Isn't Sixth-Sense just basically the helmet?
What's the point of spawns if death is permanent until the next round (other than for the evos/credits? Can't the team just destroy their buildings to prevent that?)?

1. I was thinking that the alien would be almost physically invisible, but still on the radar.

2. No; the helmet has a larger range (1000u, I believe). This would be only useful for looking around corners.

3.The point of the game is to kill the opposing team before they kill you. The idea is that you can't win by killing the opposing team's base (though it'd really put them in a pinch) However, if you killed their nodes, then they couldn't spawn the next round.