Rhez's Wicked Idea That Probably Won't Work

Request new features or present your ideas.
rhez
Dretch

Rhez's Wicked Idea That Probably Won't Work

Post by rhez »

Just gunna leave this here...
http://db.tt/aLwXqkr0

Edit: Updated my file accordingly: http://db.tt/aLwXqkr0

_RRRR___H___H_EEEEE_ZZZZZ_
_R___R__H___H_E________Z__
_RRRR___HHHHH_EEEEE___Z___
_R___R__H___H_E______Z____
_R____R_H___H_EEEEE_ZZZZZ_
Now that's what I call a Rhez-olution.
Avatar image by Akele (CC BY-SA)

KenuR
Tyrant

Re: Rhez's Wicked Idea That Probably Won't Work

Post by KenuR »

The link is broken for me.

danmal

Post by danmal »

I copied it over to slexy.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

My opinion:
Ambush RTS - "RPG" (without the taking turns part) edition
Btw, some 'upgrades' are a bit weird, like the repeat rate of the painsaw. I think it is already high enough, only difference is that if you can travel at 9999 speed with 0 ping, with 999dmg and a extremely high rate of fire (low repeat rate) u can lawnmow the alien crowd. But i don't think humans will travel that fast.

Can i add something to it: Battlesuit upgrade - Rocketboots/built-in jetpack upgrade. Allows you to hover momentarily or do a second jump. (lets say crouch button = hover?)

I think this project/mod is achieveable. If you can find/persuade someone who made/modded the ambush mod(s) for trem 1.1 like anime,vcxezt, sex or fuma (current bot developer, seems active according to github), that'll give you a boost.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

rhez
Dretch

Post by rhez »

The point is to start every weapon/upgrade with low attribute points; in the case of the painsaw for example, instead of starting with a fast attack rate, you start with a slow one (i.e. x damage per 1 second vs x damage per 0.1 seconds); as you keep using the psaw you gain skill points and "spend" it (supposedly) on the psaw to upgrade its attack rate (as in, decrease the period of time between each tick by a scale of something like 0.9) (of course, you can also spend it on other attributes of the psaw such as damage per tick).

The bsuit will lose its purpose to tanks if it had a jetpack upgrade; they want to soak the damage - the healers and medistations are there for them. As for "rocketboots", that's already considered in the General attributes, such as energy, jump height, speed, etc.

Thanks for your opinion ViruS :)

Kabootles

Post by Kabootles »

Good idea, i like it. But i think that before we concern ourselves with modding the game we should first complete the game, or at least get it to beta.

"I feel so alone, gonna end up a big old pile of them "

rhez
Dretch

Post by rhez »

Kabootles, you are correct, and I agree with you. This idea assumes that Unvanquished (with all the assets and game logic) is done. The key idea is that this one suggestion of game play style is largely different from that of Trem 1.1 or GPP, and that is what we want, is it not? Thanks for your consideration. BTW, funny signature you got there :P

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not about to play one game for 2 hours straight. I think that the current game length is better; most games finish before 45 minutes. This allows people to play several different games on different maps in the same time frame. Maybe something more like 250 waves would be better (Cutting out grangers for everything but the final wave in which they would attack en-mass (>300 grangers :D). Other than that, I like the idea.

rhez
Dretch

Post by rhez »

You're probably right Forty-Two, it wouldn't make sense for grangers to attack in waves; their job is to build. Subtracting out all the granger and adv granger waves gives a total of 179 waves. This seems a little short. If however, advanced classes may group up with their original classes on the same wave, then we will have 256 waves. Maybe this seems fair.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

rhez wrote:

You're probably right Forty-Two, it wouldn't make sense for grangers to attack in waves; their job is to build. Subtracting out all the granger and adv granger waves gives a total of 179 waves. Seems a bit less time consuming this way.

Ofc, you have to have them in the final wave ;D