Some Ideas I'd throw out there.

Request new features or present your ideas.
seana11
Tyrant

Re: Some Ideas I'd throw out there.

Post by seana11 »

KenuR wrote:

With this system everyone won't be a rant or a goon, it will be more spread out.

Ok, lets put it this way: I've been killing rants at a rate of 6 per minute. I get tk'd before I can make it out of base because of some n00b with a luci. I want to have enough creds to keep luicsuiting. Under this system, I'm left with absolutely nothing. Nil. Zilch. That's the kind of shit that will turn users off.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

seana11 wrote:

Ok, lets put it this way: I've been killing rants at a rate of 6 per minute. I get tk'd before I can make it out of base because of some n00b with a luci. I want to have enough creds to keep luicsuiting. Under this system, I'm left with absolutely nothing. Nil. Zilch. That's the kind of shit that will turn users off.

If that's your only argument, that a noob can kill you with a luci and then you are left with nothing, then why not turn FF off altogether.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

KenuR wrote:

If that's your only argument, that a noob can kill you with a luci and then you are left with nothing, then why not turn FF off altogether.

Because then humans spam stuff and don't bother to aim. You end up as an alien trying to fight through a hail of gunfire and humans don't suffer any reprecussions. This was discussed before; if you want to debate ff, take it to that thread.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

seana11 wrote:

Because then humans spam stuff and don't bother to aim. You end up as an alien trying to fight through a hail of gunfire and humans don't suffer any reprecussions. This was discussed before; if you want to debate ff, take it to that thread.

Until you posted this, i had no clue what was going on on this thread.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

seana11 wrote:

I don't know who you play with, but in my experience it's pretty easy to avoid spam. It's just not a serious issue.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

KenuR wrote:

I don't know who you play with, but in my experience it's pretty easy to avoid spam. It's just not a serious issue.

Did you even read that thread? There are multiple instances of servers where people just spam and aliens don't have a chance.

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

seana11 wrote:

Did you even read that thread? There are multiple instances of servers where people just spam and aliens don't have a chance.

I knew posting in that thread with another point of view would just mean I'd get shot down.

Anyway, we have no friendly fire on Aussie assault, and have had it for quite some time. We've never really had the spam issues, I guess it depends on who plays on your servers.

I've found playing on ff servers to be even more annoying, the amount of times I get team killed just isn't worth it.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

That's exactly what I mean. Do you even play the game? Spam is just not an issue.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Khaoz wrote:

I guess it depends on who plays on your servers.

Americans nubs love spamming. Australians on the otherhand, lacks nubs because australia is so sparce. On average, one person out of every school i know knows trem. But they all don't play it except the ones i recruit.

Btw, there's this thins from gpp i don't like: The new damage allocation system.
I might turn this off topic so i'll go tiny size:
1.1 non-locational advantages - Luci jumps are not as fatal, pounce is not overpowered, and if tramplewas already having the repeating damage system that gpp has, it wouldn't be OP either.
Disadvantages - takes 5 shots to kill light armour-helmet with pounce, zap does 20 dmg at sv_fps 20, acid tube and buildable explosions do tiny damage, making tubes pretty worthless
GPP (not unvanquished since the damage values are changed) non-locational advantages - Easy pounce whoring. Too easy actually. Also things like zap and explosions do not do tiny damage to armoured.
Disadvantages - Getting backstabbed by a luci spammer can cause fatality to you in one shot (more than 50 dmg done when ur wearing helm), goon pounces are OP, rant is 10(+) times more lethal

Gpp turrets also encourage to not 'turret sit' like people do in 1.1 although in my opinion makes the base a whole load easier to kill...

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

ViruS wrote:

Americans nubs love spamming. Australians on the otherhand, lacks nubs because australia is so sparce. On average, one person out of every school i know knows trem. But they all don't play it except the ones i recruit.

And who plays on NA Offic?