TK Compensation

Request new features or present your ideas.
danmal

Re: TK Compensation

Post by danmal »

Is there any reason why we shouldn't just disable FF?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

I prefer FF on because it forces people to control their aim. FF off seems very abusive when you can randomly spam without fear of being negatively impacted by teamkilling.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Then again, there are nubs who 'just installed unvanquished, thought it was a human versus human game despite the weird bugs in the main menu, and teamkills.'. I see this happen about twice a year on tremulous [1.1 and gpp]. They are easy to identify, because they act a lot different from team bleeders. For example, they don't know how to use a medikit, or switch weapons.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

I though that whole FF off idea was just a joke. For those who never had the opportunity to play Tremulous with disabled Friendly Fire, it favors humans way way way more than it favors aliens. The more players are playing, the more aliens are screwed with people spamming lucis with hope to hit anything, humans flying around, their base being spammed with nades once there's a tyrant nearby, chainsuits covered with flamers. Game feels just a bit more sane than upb.

Sixthly
Dretch

Post by Sixthly »

Friendly Fire should not be enabled until such a time that we do not use hit box detection. It is very unintuitive for a player to have to account for invisible boxes.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Agreed. With the bboxes currently, you can shoot a tube from the corner of its bbox that you'd expect to be there from default layout and it'll probably hit, even if you can't see the tube. I do this all the time with any weapon that shoots straight

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Asvarox wrote:

I though that whole FF off idea was just a joke. For those who never had the opportunity to play Tremulous with disabled Friendly Fire, it favors humans way way way more than it favors aliens. The more players are playing, the more aliens are screwed with people spamming lucis with hope to hit anything, humans flying around, their base being spammed with nades once there's a tyrant nearby, chainsuits covered with flamers. Game feels just a bit more sane than upb.

This is quite over exaggerated. I'm not sure what servers you play on but I have never experienced any of this on a non-FF server.

Sixthly wrote:

Friendly Fire should not be enabled until such a time that we do not use hit box detection. It is very unintuitive for a player to have to account for invisible boxes.

^ this

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

`

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Asvarox wrote:

Having no TK just encourages humans to spam ammo. The only way around this is to enable TK. I like what JBiscuitz said earlier.

@Hitboxes

They aren't realistic. When was trem ever entirely realistic? Get over it.

EckleckLighat
Dretch

Post by EckleckLighat »

I prefer to have FF on. I find it more fun/realistic, and personally find people that prefer if off big, huge wimps :D
I recall a thread where one guy was complaining about another guy who kept jumping in front of his luci shots with FF off, causing them to blow up in his face. So that's one argument against it.

On the flip side, I think compensation for bleeding is in order, but not to the full amount - there needs to be some kind of punishment for getting in the way :P

As another thought, could we reduce/nullify the damage to structures for certain kinds of weapons? Punishment should still be in order for those dumb enough to luci/prifle/flame the base, but it's really annoying trying to build in the midst of a chaingun war. You build a ret, only to have it destroyed an instant later by a stray 3 dmg chaingun bullet. So maybe it would be a good idea to turn FF (vs structs) off for rifles and chainguns, at the very least while building.