TK Compensation

Request new features or present your ideas.
seana11
Tyrant

TK Compensation

Post by seana11 »

I hate TK. We all do. However, what sucks even more is (finally) getting enough evos for a goon, and then getting sniped/chomped by a mate only 5 seconds into combat. I propose that some of the lost evos/credits be recovered and given back to the victim, instead of being lost. I think 50% is a good factor.

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Re: TK Compensation

Post by JBiscuitz »

seana11 wrote:

I hate TK. We all do. However, what sucks even more is (finally) getting enough evos for a goon, and then getting sniped/chomped by a mate only 5 seconds into combat. I propose that some of the lost evos/credits be recovered and given back to the victim, instead of being lost. I think 50% is a good factor.

Agreed. Any way to factor in how much damage was done to calculate evos/creds recovered? (How many credits should you really get for a 4hp damage tk after naked human is hit in the head?)

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

JBiscuitz wrote:

Agreed. Any way to factor in how much damage was done to calculate evos/creds recovered? (How many credits should you really get for a 4hp damage tk after naked human is hit in the head?)

True. Maybe it could be ((tk damage/total hp)*evos for that form)/2

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

seana11 wrote:

True. Maybe it could be ((tk damage/total hp)*evos for that form)/2

It would probably have to be converted to a percentage. Doing 10 damage to a goon would yield 5 evos and doing 100a damage to a human would yield 50 creds. How about IF=more than 50% max life all creds/evos received. IF=less than 50% max life half creds/evo received

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

Feels gimmicky, there should be another way to solve this problem.
IMO to have friendly fire turned off by default is the best option.

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

KenuR wrote:

Feels gimmicky, there should be another way to solve this problem.
IMO to have friendly fire turned off by default is the best option.

This.

Also stop trolls and newbs from accidentally killing their own base.

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

Khaoz wrote:

This.

Also stop trolls and newbs from accidentally killing their own base.

But you could just turn off buildable friendly fire for that.

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

Friendly fire is there to deter players from spamming their attacks wildly and yields more control.

Although it rarely keeps new players from doing so, i rather enjoy having to carefully aim.

I still support compensation for teamkills (as long as the tk'er pays the debtl

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

KoRx had a great bleeding compensation effect.
It rewards even a bit , even if you didnt teamkill him. This fixes thiings when lets say, someoone luci's ur arse into the alien base and you die by tubes. You still get those extra credit(s) that he supposidly owed you as you were luci'd.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Saliva

Post by Saliva »

It would be best that there are no repercussions for killing a teammate.

1. Most teamkills are accidental. Teamkilling is part of the game and it can happen to anyone.
  2. Losing evos/credits gives an advantage to the other team in addition of the teamkill already affecting negatively.
  3. If a significant amount of evos/credits are generated out of nowhere to compensate for teamkilling, it becomes worth it to kill a teammate before the opposing team can do that.
  4. If the player who killed a teammate is forced to give significant amount of evos/credits to the teammate it can be annoying if they have no idea what they are doing and constantly go in front of luci balls etc.

Just having admins that can deal with teamkillers is completely enough. The game itself shouldn't try to deal with it because it leads to problems.