Small ideas & miscellaneous suggestions!

Request new features or present your ideas.
ViruS
Granger

Re: Small ideas & miscellaneous suggestions!

Post by ViruS »

I like the classic blood-bath* style kill messages than using images of guns. Particularly when you use a resolution so small that you can't distinguish the difference between a rifle and a shotgun. It's more fun if you have fun(tm) MODs rather than plain images In my opinion.

*[][][][]BB server in 1.1 had multiple messages of death such as "was decapitated by ..." or "'s heart was <some advance word for eating, forgot> by ... It waz tasty." or ".... made ...'s front fall off" etc.

I wonder if anyone knows how to get multiple MODs, because i'd like to implement it to my 1.1 qvm

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

Somehow I don't have "language" folder in my Unv install (I checked in both, main directory and %appdata%/Daemon). Will try it with the new alpha.

Speaking of which, I do have a miscellaneous suggestion, about the installer. Specifically, about the download process. Currently there are 3 separate windows displayed - "main" one, one that tell us that something is being downloaded, and the last one showing actual progress of downloaded file. The last one, and, in my opinion, the most important one, is always hidden "under" main and second one. I think keeping all these info in one main window would be the best, or at least make that third one always on top of the rest. I know it's rather minor detail, but still something that can be improved :)

icaro440
Marauder

Post by icaro440 »

Man this download never ends...:(

icaro440
Marauder

Post by icaro440 »

ok, done, next time i will download new files (vms file and pak files separately) it seems my installer crashes when it attempt to download these files.

icaro440
Marauder

Post by icaro440 »

Everything went well, exept the installation process. The animations (when models die) seem to be fixed. No error messages during the game, irc still works.

Thunder map textures look great, congratulations to Emperor Jack.

Congratulations and thanks! ;)
Keep doing this good work

gnales
Dretch

Post by gnales »

If the dowload of the map asset can be optional at the installation that can be cool ^^

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

It is. You just uncheck the "Assets"

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Asvarox wrote:

I think keeping all these info in one main window would be the best, or at least make that third one always on top of the rest. I know it's rather minor detail, but still something that can be improved :)

Agreed. You can't even click or close the other two windows unless you close the top one first, or use the "show desktop' tool

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

gnales
Dretch

Post by gnales »

@Ishq : It is true sorry ^^

tuxator

Post by tuxator »

Hi, I'm not sure about the idea or if something like that has already been talked about: There should be a limitation on how many people can play a certain alien class or how many people can run around with a certain weapon. There should also be one 'default' loadout which is not limited (may be more than 1)

Why? It balances the whole game and makes team coordination more important, also a team that has fallen back (read: getting it's ass handed) has a higher chance of 'coming back'.

The limitation should be map and percentage bound (for example: on a big map 30% of a team can equip $weapon, on a small map only 10% can).

From where I got that? Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45