Small ideas & miscellaneous suggestions!

Request new features or present your ideas.
lamefun
Tyrant

Re: Small ideas & miscellaneous suggestions!

Post by lamefun »

Why are these posts off-topic? It's a thread for small ideas, I'm posting small ideas. Anyway, since basilisk will have to be remodelled anyway, why not give it tentacles with suction cups like in octopus, best for grabbing! And it also could have a beak!

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

If you want, I'll create a text documents of faults, bugs, ideas and other TODOs since my head is always full of them anyway. For example, it would be nice if the newer model animations to be smoothed out when changing different states like the old trem models did i.e. from the shooting to the dying animation may seem a bit jerky but at least it's not instantaneous.
EDIT: I found an early sketch of the basi. How come we're with permanently hunched up basi? I had many reasons against this including its ability to hide and looks. I have to say this initial design looks a lot better in terms of posture.
This idea presented also could make our buildable growths more interesting, like stem cells evolving into whatever they are needed for.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

VVerTT

Post by VVerTT »

Shield for humans- block damage but only from the front. Can be worn only with C.Kit or rifle (and light armor). Available in shop, after receiving 250 damage points is destroyed.

Flashlight- to buy in the shop, hook-up under each weapon. With limited battery, which is recovering after turning off flashlight.

Aliens see in the dark- but only in the red color. Something like a hunter vision from the AvP.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Why red in particular? Also, tints are annoying. You'll need some sort of double map light rendering for dark areas too.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

VVerTT

Post by VVerTT »

Red is cool but it isn' t the point. If not the color how you know it is turned on?

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Night vision might actually not be a bad idea for aliens. I wonder if it can be pulled off through some color grading effect.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

kharnov wrote:

Night vision might actually not be a bad idea for aliens. I wonder if it can be pulled off through some color grading effect.

If you're going to give the aliens nightvision, at least give the humans a flashlight.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

VVerTT wrote:

Shield for humans- block damage but only from the front. Can be worn only with C.Kit or rifle (and light armor). Available in shop, after receiving 250 damage points is destroyed.

I'm not sure if this makes sense in a fast-paced game where your enemies focus on close combat.

VVerTT wrote:

Flashlight- to buy in the shop, hook-up under each weapon. With limited battery, which is recovering after turning off flashlight.

Darkness can't be an element of the game. If we add corners that are dark enough so that you will want a flashlight, any non-casual player will "tweak" values until they can see stuff in there and the game looks crappy for them (and on their screenshots). Regular settings aside, darkness can be cheated off easily without the server or admin noticing.

VVerTT wrote:

Aliens see in the dark- but only in the red color. Something like a hunter vision from the AvP.

Same reason: We will most likely not put any darkness in the game. On the other hand, a hunter vision that makes enemies more visible and/or shows additional data (e.g. wallhack, enemy health) might be fun.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Yes, a "hunter vision" would be nice for the aliens, and maybe humans with a helmet, instead of having to deal with old-fashioned radar blips.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Viech wrote:

I'm not sure if this makes sense in a fast-paced game where your enemies focus on close combat.

Darkness can't be an element of the game. If we add corners that are dark enough so that you will want a flashlight, any non-casual player will "tweak" values until they can see stuff in there and the game looks crappy for them (and on their screenshots). Regular settings aside, darkness can be cheated off easily without the server or admin noticing.

Same reason: We will most likely not put any darkness in the game. On the other hand, a hunter vision that makes enemies more visible and/or shows additional data (e.g. wallhack, enemy health) might be fun.

You've already got tons of darkness in the game. See: thunder. Jesus Christ that map is dark in some places.