Small ideas & miscellaneous suggestions!

Request new features or present your ideas.
Droid

Re: Small ideas & miscellaneous suggestions!

Post by Droid »

Here are my ideas:
*Have a buyable "fast fire kit" for humans which increases fire rate 20% and damage 10% on all electrical based weapons (no rifle or shotty) and will be available stage 2 for 300 creds
*Have a zombie and invasion (current Default)mode.
Humans have same buildables and everything.
Zombies...
They have unlimited stamina, 50 hp an epic jump and a 75 hp melee hand hit and dont have fall damage.
Zombies dont build(they spawn about 200-300 metres from human reactor).
Humans cant start building a base (only 3 nodes available placed side by side)until they killed first zombie (those 3 nodes intantly dissappear).
The first zombie is a randomly selected player and must infect all humans to win(infected hummies go to zombie team).
The Humans must survive 20 minutes (i think it would be better to have the map choose the timelimit).
Edit: IF THIS GOES WELL I do the effects and stuff

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Sry i didn't usse quote boxes for all...

@commander will
-Headcrabs are obviously taken from HL2.

JOURNEYMAN wrote:

There is a GPP map that does exactly what you suggest. It's called Tremship. Basically the humans have to survive for 25 minutes against the aliens. If they survive, the humans get to ride the shuttle and bomb the aliens from the orbit. Maybe this map can be ported to Unvanquished for testing purposes?

That's actually a 1.1 map built for aussie assault [lagged at the time].

@droid:
-Fast fire kit sounds like the surge from KoRx. Only that it costs 400 credits i think, or is it 250?
-Zombies are overused, there's actually a zombie mod in 1.1. [most of your points kinda highlight the features]

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

maclag

Post by maclag »

Hi all,

Other ideas (couldn't find it but maybe I'm not using the right keyword):
With all these eyes, aliens should have a much wider viewing angle. I'm not sure about how difficult it would be to implement.

To balance it, humans could get access to an "invisibility" gadget and become undetectable by alien's radars.

Yet-another-cool stuff: invisibility cloak like the Predator's monster: can be seen clearly only when moving and difficult to catch rest of time.
Well, of course, one who disappears from radar and can't be seen except when moving would be too much of a combo. I'm just launching around some ideas here. It could be a feature for some aliens species or a gadget for a human. It could also be balanced with an impossibility to attack before de-activation + few seconds?

killing time
Programmer

Post by killing time »

1. Battlesuit emergency self-destruct:
    A human wearing a battlesuit can issue a command that immediately causes the suit to come apart and fall off, leaving the human with no armor but more maneuverability.

2. Make luci jump go higher.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

maclag wrote:

Well, of course, one who disappears from radar and can't be seen except when moving would be too much of a combo.\

I'd rather basi invisable to radar.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

ViruS wrote:

I'd rather basi invisable to radar.

That would be stupid. I'd never leave the base if the other team had a lisk. They're already silent (they weren't in 1.1).

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

Khaoz wrote:

That would be stupid. I'd never leave the base if the other team had a lisk. They're already silent (they weren't in 1.1).

Do you ever leave the base before s2?

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

StalKermit wrote:

I must agree. At the moment, no one uses basis because they take a lot of skill to be used right, and you get more evos dretching. (Maybe some evos for the basi would work better :P)

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

StalKermit wrote:

I feel it's stupid that I have to answer this.

Yes.
But very cautiously (like most players).

At s2 however, I have a radar that tells me when an alien is nearby. So I am a lot less cautious, and have a lot more confidence roaming the map. If it turned out that my helmet was rendered useless when fighting basilisks (seeing as they make no sound and wouldn't show up on the radar) I'd be more inclined to camp and not waste credits on the helmet (newer players would be even more inclined)

They are already a formidable foe in 1v1 situations when put in the right hands.

janev
Marauder

Post by janev »

A 1 evo point creature should not be able to ninja a human with larmor, helmet, lucifer cannon and grenade. An stealth basi with fast healing would be so gay that nobody would need the more evolved aliens. If you have a 50/60 chance of taking on any lightly armored human with a 1 evo creature you will totally dominate the other team financially. Kind of like the larmor/shotgun combo.