Small ideas & miscellaneous suggestions!

Request new features or present your ideas.
E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Re: Small ideas & miscellaneous suggestions!

Post by E-Mxp »

If you are going to give the Dretch web shooting abilities, then it should act as the quake 3 (team arena?) grappling hook for speedy escapes, should have a long cooldown though so it wont get spammed.

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Not to sure why a dretch needs to flee, when it can just die and respawn ~.~
unless it costs evos that is, like the adv dretch from tremx

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Hm; I was thinking that the web would be low visibility, and it would slow down the first human that walked through it for 15-30 seconds. The idea here being to get the human to unwittingly walk through it, and then become an easy target for my dretch. The web should last 30-60 seconds and the weapon should repeat at that interval. The web should be vulnerable where it connects to the wall. It should also be highly vulnerable to luci and flamer.

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

seana11 wrote:

Hm; I was thinking that the web would be low visibility, and it would slow down the first human that walked through it for 15-30 seconds. The idea here being to get the human to unwittingly walk through it, and then become an easy target for my dretch. The web should last 30-60 seconds and the weapon should repeat at that interval. The web should be vulnerable where it connects to the wall. It should also be highly vulnerable to luci and flamer.

15-30 seconds is a long time in a fast-paced fps, the human would be pretty much screwed if he walked through it.
If anything make it the same as the grangers spit.

With that being said I'd never spend an evo on an advanced dretch, I'd rather just evo into a lisk or save it up for marauder+goon.

CommanderWill
Dretch

Post by CommanderWill »

Not sure if this has been brought up before, Is there any plans to implement lighting effects including Flashlights, really dark rooms, and power/ light switches? I don't think it would effect the general gameplay itself that much, but it would have an effect on the atmosphere and feel of things. Especially if flashlights had battery power

Kynes

Post by Kynes »

CommanderWill wrote:

Not sure if this has been brought up before, Is there any plans to implement lighting effects including Flashlights, really dark rooms, and power/ light switches? I don't think it would effect the general gameplay itself that much, but it would have an effect on the atmosphere and feel of things. Especially if flashlights had battery power

I kind of like the idea of using lighting as a gameplay element, but I'm not sure if it can really be implemented well in a multiplayer game because lighting can very quite a bit between different setups. I think this would probably encourage players to use crappy lighting settings because a bind to toggle r_gamma would probably be more effective than any flashlight item.

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

After software gamma was introduced, r_gamma changes are visible only after vid_restart, at least for me.

CommanderWill
Dretch

Post by CommanderWill »

Kynes wrote:

I think this would probably encourage players to use crappy lighting settings because a bind to toggle r_gamma would probably be more effective than any flashlight item.

yeah, it's unfortunate what some people do to be slightly better at a game. I'm just thinking it could introduce a minor embellishment without needing to re-balance everything. I also think it would make the helmet a little more useful, as it could implement a built in light, or night vision.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

CommanderWill wrote:

yeah, it's unfortunate what some people do to be slightly better at a game. I'm just thinking it could introduce a minor embellishment without needing to re-balance everything. I also think it would make the helmet a little more useful, as it could implement a built in light, or night vision.

I find that many of the default maps are too dark too see enough to build and fight in, so I turn gamma up. I don't think that we need to introduce any more darkness to maps than we have to, given their already dark nature.

MCMic

Post by MCMic »

True, but that also means a flashlight button would be useful even in existing maps. I would have already use it in some places.
I thik a flash light should be added, but it should not be something that cost money or have restricted power as it is just a light effect. (it would just be a key binding that activate a light cone starting from the end of the weapon)