Small ideas & miscellaneous suggestions!

Request new features or present your ideas.
Jaroth

Re: Small ideas & miscellaneous suggestions!

Post by Jaroth »

The battlesuit improvement.- I dont know if someone think about this idea but i think that the tyrants in the tremulous we all know are overpowered, i mean in stage 3 the humans have the battlesuit, it have to make it more powerful than before cause we need balance in the game, like the dragoons and the tyrants could have a good fight with the battlesuit, i mean i dont know the ability to carry two weapons, eliminate the blaster for the battlesuit and add another secondary weapon like painsaw, i think too about another ability like the tyrant can make a run the battlesuit can make it too, that costs a lot of stamina of the player but do 50 points of damage to any enemy...

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

Anomalous wrote:

I think that it was meant to be ‘review of Tremulous’ – the reverse of a certain mistake made regarding the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal…

HGTTG?

banksy
Mantis

Post by banksy »

I suggest that there be an interactive tutorial when you first join a server in unvanquished, that shows new players how to play. or this tutorial could be on an empty map, and they need to complete sections of the tutorial to continue.

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

Battlesuit with default painsaw seems OP. A chainsuit can already do considerable damage.

Perhaps a battlesuit could explode after death doing 50a damage instead :p

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

banksy wrote:

I suggest that there be an interactive tutorial when you first join a server in unvanquished, that shows new players how to play. or this tutorial could be on an empty map, and they need to complete sections of the tutorial to continue.

This is a pretty good idea, since this game does have a bit of a learning curve. It could be similar to UrT's, theirs is very basic but enough to get you started.

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

How did you guess? :)

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

Jaroth

Post by Jaroth »

JBiscuitz wrote:

Battlesuit with default painsaw seems OP. A chainsuit can already do considerable damage.

Perhaps a battlesuit could explode after death doing 50a damage instead :p

Maybe, i like the idea but it will hurt the teammates if it explode, maybe another weapon like the Rifle or the Shotgun I guess?

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

Perhaps human damage is around 20 if near explosion, 5% damage to buildings and if the battlesuit were to have an extra feature i would still vote for the stomp. Dual wielding of any sort (especially shotty/chaingun) would mean humans would be beyond overpowered, they would be unstoppable with skilled players :)

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Lol. "Kamikaze!" when you're about to die..... Reminds me of that annoying battpack explosion on W server or something...
Idea makes sense.
I dont like dual wield though. Maybe a thermo camera [toggled on/off]?

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

banksy
Mantis

Post by banksy »

Khaoz wrote:

This is a pretty good idea, since this game does have a bit of a learning curve. It could be similar to UrT's, theirs is very basic but enough to get you started.

Maybe you can program a bot to help along? Similar to the tutorial in QuakeLive