Unvanquished Perk System :D (please read all)

Request new features or present your ideas.
Jaroth

Unvanquished Perk System :D (please read all)

Post by Jaroth »

Well, when i readed a message in a thread i made, it said that we need to create our own game so i thought about using perks...

The "Perks" is almost used in some fps shooter games like Combat arms, Fallout 3, FNV, Call of Duty, etc, etc, this perks will not use only by the humans but aliens too, however, the perks will change depending in wich team you are, aliens or humans, in the aliens team the perks will appear randomly for each player, for the humans they will buy it at the armoury or as same as aliens
For example:

Aliens:
They have a perk that if you kill a certain number of humans in one life, the alien will get 20+ life in the actual life and in the second...

Humans:

When the humans had used the medkit and they are too away from the base depending on the kills they have in the actual life can heal themselves using the opponents life, like the vampaire mode, but this perk will need to be charged once they use it...

However, i plan to make more perks and you can help too, with my mistakes and tell me how to improve it, btw you can create more perks if you like...

seana11
Tyrant

Re: Unvanquished Perk System :D (please read all)

Post by seana11 »

Jaroth wrote:

Humans:
When the humans had used the medkit and they are too away from the base depending on the kills they have in the actual life can heal themselves using the opponents life, like the vampaire mode, but this perk will need to be charged once they use it...

You just completely lost me.

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

seana11 wrote:

You just completely lost me.

I see what he is getting at. Im guessing either english is not his first language or this was posted on a cell phone with auto correct.

A perk system is a neat idea, but i dont know how feasible it is in tremulous. Balancing is fairly complicated already and balancing multiple perks would be a huge challenge to tackle for an already overworked/underpaid development staff

(By underpaid i mean unpaid :-p)

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Jaroth wrote:

Humans:

Basically what i understood, was this:
-If medkit used = true
{
If vamptoolkit present in inventory = true
{
For every damage point done, you receive x hp where x is calculated in a certain way.
}
}

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

Please no vampires.

Jaroth

Post by Jaroth »

JBiscuitz wrote:

I see what he is getting at. Im guessing either english is not his first language or this was posted on a cell phone with auto correct.

A perk system is a neat idea, but i dont know how feasible it is in tremulous. Balancing is fairly complicated already and balancing multiple perks would be a huge challenge to tackle for an already overworked/underpaid development staff

(By underpaid i mean unpaid :-p)

Well then, lets not make millions of them, lets make 3 perks for each team... :D... and i know this project is completely free, i mean you dont recieve any money...

Jaroth

Post by Jaroth »

Ok, no vampaires, building perk?? credit perk??
Building perk : If the perk is active the cost of the building/structure decreased
Credit perk : Once active all the credits for each kill you have will be the double of credits per kill

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Sorry, but no. This wouldn't fit our game and would provide serious balance issues if actually implemented.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Well at least not as serious as making the tyrant have 10 hp max and whatever it touches [including teammates] die instantly... Such a glass cannon.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Jaroth

Post by Jaroth »

ViruS wrote:

Well at least not as serious as making the tyrant have 10 hp max and whatever it touches [including teammates] die instantly... Such a glass cannon.

The rant will not have that perk, only if you accept this improvement...