Notes Before the release of Alpha 6

Request new features or present your ideas.
seana11
Tyrant

Notes Before the release of Alpha 6

Post by seana11 »

There's some game-changing stuff that has been neglected, and would be cool to see in Alpha 6:

Will the basi finally get evos?

Can sealing doors with granger spit be implemented? (It seals doors for 10 seconds for both aliens and humans, can be removed with a flamer from the other side).

For the longer term:

Will the flying alien be tested out?

Will the mine gun happen? (Shoots proximity mines with a ballistic tragectory, they stick to stuff, and explode with 100 damage at point blank range. They self-destruct after 1 minute)

Can the humans get a melee weapon? I recall there was lots of support for that.

Ishq
Project Head

Re: Notes Before the release of Alpha 6

Post by Ishq »

Painsaw doesn't count?

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

I'm against a mine gun, but I have no problems with mines themselves. Something to make with a construction kit.

A flying alien is being considered. No promises, but perhaps you'll hear more about it during beta.

Humans already have a painsaw. I can't envision some other kind of melee weapon that would not look utterly ridiculous.

I don't think the granger spit idea can be implemented, and even then, that's too much work for a very minor game feature.

Dracone
Dretch

Post by Dracone »

Doors suck and don't work that well in the game anyways. Mines were implemented experimentally before, in 1.1, and were vastly overpowered, even with a high price. I do not like the idea of them even if they're not overpowered, because I'm very confident in saying that they simply do not fit in the game.

Flying alien is a whole different story, there will be some headaches in figuring out how to make that work.

banksy
Mantis

Post by banksy »

I like the idea of a mine gun. But if that causes too much issue, maybe a grenade launcher similar to tf2 would suit better. As it fires not so much as grenades, but little bombs that bounce on the floor and blow up after 3 seconds and directly on hit. Maybe that would be better as it would harder to get hits. Plus no one will camp with one at the base.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Dracone wrote:

Flying alien is a whole different story, there will be some headaches in figuring out how to make that work.

There are currently two tremulous mods that exist[-ed] which are
Flying Alien test - (forgot the name) [Kinda looks like a moth of some kind]
KoRx - Spitfite [Looks like a dragonfly]

banksy wrote:

Plus no one will camp with one at the base.

That's like saying "I bet no one will camp with a strong rocket launcher that risks blowing themselves up in base" i.e. the luci.

kharnov wrote:

I'm against a mine gun, but I have no problems with mines themselves. Something to make with a construction kit.

Why not make it an upgrade that either it or the grenade can be bouught? [you can't buy both]

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

ViruS wrote:

There are currently two tremulous mods that exist[-ed] which are
Flying Alien test - (forgot the name) [Kinda looks like a moth of some kind]
KoRx - Spitfite [Looks like a dragonfly]

That's like saying "I bet no one will camp with a strong rocket launcher that risks blowing themselves up in base" i.e. the luci.

Why not make it an upgrade that either it or the grenade can be bouught? [you can't buy both]

I like the upgrade idea; plopping a mine to facilitate retreat would be nice. (Even if it didn't do much damage, if the recoil was high enough...)

WhiteTech
Mantis

Post by WhiteTech »

seana11 wrote:

I like the upgrade idea; plopping a mine to facilitate retreat would be nice. (Even if it didn't do much damage, if the recoil was high enough...)

Yes, somewhat like a grenade

I think a mine gun is just asking for spammers, but of course a flying alien could avoid them....

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

WhiteTech wrote:

Yes, somewhat like a grenade

I think a mine gun is just asking for spammers, but of course a flying alien could avoid them....

Tada; you have created a niche.