add a mechanism to prevent people change team to destroy base

Request new features or present your ideas.
SuperDupont
Dretch

Re: add a mechanism to prevent people change team to destroy base

Post by SuperDupont »

I did teamkill only when trying to kill enemy and someone jump in the line between me and the target.

So, the test "without enemy nearly" seems good.

Before, I ever hit with the blaster some construction, just to prevent bots to go far away, when building. In this case, If I received some damages, this can be acceptable too, so, again, it's a good idea. And 10 damages points is nothing for building, they quickly restore it.
Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Post by Gireen »

Griefing is hard to solve with gamplay elements.
A player could also just deconstruct all buildings.
Grieen wrote:As mentioned this problem is best solved by server admins or other players.

There are already ways to deal with this, like the denybuild command which removes building rights for a player and is also available as vote option.
Possible ways to handle griefers are:
warn->denybuild->speclock->mute->ban
https://github.com/Unvanquished/Unvanqu ... ssues/1054

fear ma engrish :granger:

cu-kai
Web Crew
Clan: CU

Post by cu-kai »

Just to add to @Gireen's response, this is an age old problem that dates back to the days of Tremulous (indeed it still occasionally occurs on Tremulous) which has always been resolved by either votekick intervention (usually too late) or server admin intervention.

Web Raccoon

SuperDupont
Dretch

Post by SuperDupont »

Yes, some days ago, saw someone firing on building because he doesn't know how to deconstruct.
illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

SuperDupont wrote:Yes, some days ago, saw someone firing on building because he doesn't know how to deconstruct.
Maybe for this kind of situation we may print some message on player screen after, for example, 50% of a the health of a buildable is taken out by someone.

Also, when a buildable is teamkilled by someone, maybe display a team message saying “<buildable name> had been teamkilled by <player name>, wasting N build point and losing n% momentum”.

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

SuperDupont
Dretch

Post by SuperDupont »

illwieckz wrote:
SuperDupont wrote:Yes, some days ago, saw someone firing on building because he doesn't know how to deconstruct.
Maybe for this kind of situation we may print some message on player screen after, for example, 50% of a the health of a buildable is taken out by someone.

Also, when a buildable is teamkilled by someone, maybe display a team message saying “<buildable name> had been teamkilled by <player name>, wasting N build point and losing n% momentum”.
Why not for the message in the screen, centered... but should add the player's key to properly remove the build.
And, for players arn't builder, an additional message to invite them to be a builder.

This splash screen can be a problem in game, but this players ever make a problem for the team and this can be a good way for them searching how to remove a building.

Of course, need wait some level like 50% before show the splash screen, before the hit box is so large....
afontain
Programmer

Post by afontain »

How about forbidding people to change team after staying in one for too long, assuming the other team has both (1) at least as many people and (2) similar or better score?

This would fix most of the trouble mentioned here, and would avoid people switching team to the other one just because they feel like they are loosing.
SuperDupont
Dretch

Post by SuperDupont »

afontain wrote:How about forbidding people to change team after staying in one for too long, assuming the other team has both (1) at least as many people and (2) similar or better score?

This would fix most of the trouble mentioned here, and would avoid people switching team to the other one just because they feel like they are loosing.
But sometime, you need rebalance, when players leaves or too low skilled.
Why need approval for this?
afontain
Programmer

Post by afontain »

But sometime, you need rebalance, when players leaves or too low skilled.
Well, in theory, those players would have a low score. So I would hope it would even out.
PhantomFang
Mantis
Clan: LBF

Post by PhantomFang »

Kaixo!
I don't see how to balance it...
seriously what do you imagine a message saying to you: "You are too strong! the other team sucks, go help them ok?" or even stick you by force in the other team... In fact I think that when you start a game there will have to be a message intended for the stronger to help the less strong...
but not to put an Elo-style ranking, I think that would "break the game"...
it's actually a sensitive topic