Change layouts for less moving around at start

Request new features or present your ideas.
SuperDupont
Dretch

Re: Change layouts for less moving around at start

Post by SuperDupont »

Long times ago, in Tremulous, bases are always at the worst place and need to be moved.

And, when moved, your team must be around to made protection the time for the reactor or the overmind to be ready.

I think, it's still interesting. But with few players and too much bots, it's not always possible to move the base.

So, this will be possible when we can use beacon (Key B) to call the team (and the bots), and bots won't rush away.
SuperDupont
Dretch

Post by SuperDupont »

That is why I prepare website, with video and pics. This can help complete the Wiki too.
Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Post by Gireen »

There is no rule that there can only be one layout per map.

You can make some layouts that are optimized for bots or low playercount and have them selected in maprotation depending on the number of real players.

fear ma engrish :granger:

Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Post by Gireen »

freem wrote:layouts which are destroyed by bots in warmup
Thats something that could be fixed by someone that is working on bot improvements :wink:
They have access to time in the Behavior tree so one could let them idle during warmup and play defensive during the first few minutes.

I think the best way to introduce and test new layouts is to have them as optional addition. It gives more options and that is always good :smile:
Obliviously not for every small fix.

fear ma engrish :granger:

illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

Should bot not play during warmup? If real players can't play, bot should not…

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

Moimeme

Post by Moimeme »

SuperDupont wrote:Long times ago, in Tremulous, bases are always at the worst place and need to be moved.

And, when moved, your team must be around to made protection the time for the reactor or the overmind to be ready.

I think, it's still interesting. But with few players and too much bots, it's not always possible to move the base.

So, this will be possible when we can use beacon (Key B) to call the team (and the bots), and bots won't rush away.
Oh man, the good old days when you had to organize to move your base. That was so much fun !
illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

freem wrote:There's also the problem that on some maps (yocto) humans start with more buildings than aliens, which are slower to build. I suspect this is why aliens can't win this map on my server.
Yes, on yocto at 0.51 time the human layout was just making them being torn apart in the very first minutes, that's why I improved the human layout for 0.52, maybe a bit too much? :grin:

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.