My thoughts on how humans could be more balanced in Unvanquished

Request new features or present your ideas.
Memory@12B

My thoughts on how humans could be more balanced in Unvanquished

Post by Memory@12B »

1. Once the humans unlock a few items they should in turn start not being able to earn as many points,
    as an example for each new level there is a 5% point gain penalty.
    I don't think this needs to apply to aliens but maybe it could I'm not sure. I think once humans have reached very high unlocks,
    They shouldn't be able to gain anything from dretches at all, humans just become unstoppable at the point where aliens are just
    throwing out dretches by the dozen because that's all you can do to a battle suit human.
    If you do throw a bunch of dreches at someone with a battle suit,
    once you eventually kill them they can just buy a new one with all of the points they gained from all of those dretches.

2. Aliens should get health back from kills, simple as that, it reward players for ambushing players for health and allow aliens to be more offensive.
    You could even have it where the aliens need to take time to eat a corpse to gain burst of health once they are done,
    that would prevent endless killing sprees and still allow an opportunity for humans to kill the alien.
    Here's an idea: Aliens should get more points for every other kill they get in a life, of course it doesn't have to be every other kill and could be every
    2 kills or whatever, but I think that would be a good idea,
    and of course there would be a limit to the extra point you can get and after a while you would get reset to the normal amount of points
    so you cant just farm forever.

3. Humans using upgrades should get a point penalty, from like the jet pack and radar giving a 15% point gain penalty
    to the battle suit that would be something like a 75% point gain penalty. I think this could apply to the aliens evolutions too,
    if aliens could get health back on human kills, the higher evolution you are, the less health you get on kill.

4. The flamethrower should be right up there with the Lucifer Cannons price, Its just so powerful but way to cheap to get.
    Also, more expensive weapons should give you less points on kill, this will prevent the never ending supply of upgrades and flamethrowers etc.

5. Turrets can really kill the real time strategy in the game because the only thing people do it make a huge group of them and make a unstoppable little
    pocket that is really unfair and not fun to fight against, a good solution to this would be making a requirement to space them out, this actually seems
    like one of the really easy fixes because I know the game knows the distance between drills/leeches, so all you would need to do is make an distance
    turrets need to be from one another in order to be placed.

6. Bots need a better field of view so that they don't just snap over to the trapper you just placed even though a normal player wouldn't see it.

7. Give aliens a bigger area of attack, what I mean by this is hits shouldn't have to be right on the crosshair but in area in the middle if the screen.
    I think bigger aliens should have bigger areas of attack because melee shouldn't have to be that precise.

8. Maybe some aliens start with additional health that cant be regenerated, so like absorption or AHP (additional health points) idk.

9. Aliens should have upgrades!!!! Thicker exoskeletons! longer range attacks!
    This one of course is a bit harder as you would have to make a lot of new things but still!

This list is unfinished so give suggestions!

Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Re: My thoughts on how humans could be more balanced in Unvanquished

Post by Gireen »

Thanks for for posting your ideas :thumbup:

Whats the difference between 1 and 3?

1. Is an interesting approach for the healing problem. We could maybe have a mini booster grow out of corpses which dies after a short time or it its destroyed by humans.
    Also, killstreaks! I cant wait to hop around as granger and have my multikills announced :grin:

2. is a much discussed problem. This solution is also often suggested. I personally like small bases which are as packet as possible, despite that aliens can destroy them really easy (mara zap jumps to all buildings)
    Maybe we could just reduce the damage close to turrets, so that small clusters of them are not so strong. (at the moment its the opposite)

3. there are troughs about having tech trees that allow upgrades on a team or personal level. What other upgrades do you think would be interesting?

fear ma engrish :granger:

Memory@12B

Post by Memory@12B »

Thanks for the feedback Gireen!

The difference between 1 and 2 is that 1 talks about how unlocking the new items (the bar at the bottom of the screen) would give a point penalty to every human playing. Number 2 however talks about how buying a powerful item would put a point gain penalty on the single human that bought it. :flamer: :firebomb:

Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Post by Gireen »

So that means every item would have 2 types of penaltys attached to it one for the team when unlocked and one for the carrier.
That could maybe differ depending on how powerful they are.

But the penalty would only affect the rewards for killing enemys? or also the gains of momentum? ( collected to unlock other items)

fear ma engrish :granger:

Moimeme

Post by Moimeme »

The goddamn human bots repair the base so freaking fast. I hate it :D

They respawn buy their stuff in a second and ratatatata you're dead !

Sad story