Different lose conditions

Request new features or present your ideas.
Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Different lose conditions

Post by Gireen »

At the moment a team loses if there are no spawns and living players left.
My suggestion would be to add different conditions to loose a game similar to normal rts games.
Which could also be combined or toggleable .
That a team loses if one thing happens:
-no main building
-no spawns
-no leeches
-negative buildpoints

fear ma engrish :granger:

cu-kai
Web Crew
Clan: CU

Re: Different lose conditions

Post by cu-kai »

I like the sound of this. If the "no main building" condition is enabled, presumably your intention would be to give a configurable grace period to allow the team to rebuild it?

There was once a mod for Tremulous which made non-essential buildings randomly explode until the bps were positive. This was part of the Refinery/Creep Colony system which directly preceded the drill/leech system...

As for the "No Leech" mode, how would that work when most (if not all) maps don't include a leech by default as part of the layout?

Web Raccoon

illwieckz
Project Head

Post by illwieckz »

Gireen wrote:

negative buildpoints

Beware than when deconstructing a drill/leech to move it a bit just to protect it a bit more or to give some % more efficiency, in the meantime the build point count can be negative for some seconds…

cu-kai wrote:

As for the "No Leech" mode, how would that work when most (if not all) maps don't include a leech by default as part of the layout?

Especially the legacy maps ported from Tremulous would not have any drill/leech at all unless someone added them at the time of porting.

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

Gireen
Graphic Designer

Post by Gireen »

cu-kai wrote:

I like the sound of this. If the "no main building" condition is enabled, presumably your intention would be to give a configurable grace period to allow the team to rebuild it?

yes, maybe also making it possible to have multiple main buildings.

To be honest don't know if there are miners in default layouts :bugeyes:
That would indeed be a problem. But for official maps we can add some.
For ported maps it would require changes to the layout to play that mode.
But since its possible, with the recent changes, to overwrite the builtin layout without map source it should be still doable to extend the layouts.
Until there is a minder for every team a map would be just not available to play with that "gamemode"

Gireen
Graphic Designer

Post by Gireen »

freem wrote:

I like the idea of having more loose conditions, and, to be honest, I would prefer to see win conditions instead, which could be voted for at intermission (there's no such thing for now I think?).

Well its the same just with an opposite name. :grin:
It would be a game setting like timelimit or similar, if such things could be changed by players is a different matter.

There is room for many other win conditions that where only the most oblivious that came to my mind.
Another one could be resource hunt. Where the goal is to collect a certain amount of buildpoints.

In the end different win conditions are only another tool to influence the game flow. If it solves a problem or provides more fun it should be added, but that needs to be tryed out.