Luci 1.1

Request new features or present your ideas.
Ishq
Project Head

Re: Luci 1.1

Post by Ishq »

Ramp jumping was intentionally added to GPP by the trem devs.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

killing time wrote:

the server, called Bob's OC, was not up very long.

When was that? I have a few fragments of memories of a trickjump server in 1.1 from ages ago, where humans had infinite stamina, flamers allowed you to climb walls etc.
I can't find the mod anywhere though

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Forty-Two
Mantis

Post by Forty-Two »

I always liked the blaster toggle trick with luci. In a way it's like rocketjumping: it's one of those features that wasn't planned, but adds something surprising to the gameplay, not necessarily unwanted. In the case of the blaster toggle luci trick, I liked it a lot, and it spices up luci gameplay a bit. Might be that the initial shot is too hard to dodge on unlagged though, due to the whole hitting-where-the-opponent-used-to-be-thing.

Another feature like that was the speed jump in 1.1: basically a strafe jump from the ceiling plus ramp equals very speedy dretch. I tried it in Unvanquished and it doesn't work anymore: it seems to have been replaced by ramp jumping.

0 = 0
Quod erat demonstrandum.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Blaster toggle to cancel/hold luci charge will not be added back. It, unlike other bugs-cum-features like strafejumping, is completely biased towards one team and allows the player to circumvent luci overcharge.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

Ishq wrote:

bugs-cum-features.

Excuse me?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Bugs that are touted as "features"

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

is completely biased towards one team

Agreed, but i think the luci should have some sort of feature that vents out the charge without having to shoot it or blowing up.
If the luci had this back, considering luci's charge timer, it will be a lot easier to do, and therefore become OP even for people who hardly use that trick [i.e. me]

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

Ishq wrote:

Bugs that are touted as "features"

Now I can't get that image out of my head :eek:

Comet

Post by Comet »

What about luci speed? I love the speed in 1.2. I have tons of experience in 1.1 and gpp, and, in my personal opinion, I like gpp's luci speed a lot better. It allows you to predict movement of the aliens a lot better and it feels more skillful/less random when you get a kill with it.

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Comet wrote:

What about luci speed? I love the speed in 1.2. I have tons of experience in 1.1 and gpp, and, in my personal opinion, I like gpp's luci speed a lot better. It allows you to predict movement of the aliens a lot better and it feels more skillful/less random when you get a kill with it.

The speed of the luci in unvanquished is faster than 1.1.

What about the luci speed?