mine generator

Request new features or present your ideas.
afontain
Programmer

Re: mine generator

Post by afontain »

+1 I feel this could add some technological progress for the human side, and allow early aliens to actually do something when attacking.

For a beta implementation, one could recycle the old drill model :drill: and reuse the grenades or blaster model/shader.

Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Post by Gireen »

As new building its interesting.
As replacement for turrets in early game not so good. It would make it to easy to destroy a human base.

fear ma engrish :granger:

afontain
Programmer

Post by afontain »

It would make it to easy to destroy a human base.

Is that a bug or a feature? :granger:

More seriously, there is nothing that can damage a human base in early game if they have built some turrets. Aliens should have a way to attack things before they unlock adv mara / dragoon; or humans should have weaker defenses in early game. Related: destroying human buildings is not interesting at all in early game, as humans will simply rebuild everything pretty fast.

Gireen
Graphic Designer

Post by Gireen »

The question is should it be possible to destroy a base in earlygame?
I think only if a team makes a great blunder. The best tactic for aliens seems to ignore the human base and only contain them in an area of the map until they reach a higher stage.

Gireen
Graphic Designer

Post by Gireen »

If aliens rush humans will camp.
And why shouldn't they? Its the best move they can do. Camp until they unlock stronger weapons.
And what if the bases becomes weaker? They will camp even more, which is understandable because the only safe spot will be sitting on the reactor and shooting dretches that roam around in the human base.

If it wouldn't be so much work with adding a new building and gamelogic for it we could just try it out. :bugeyes: