My Wishlist

Request new features or present your ideas.
banksy
Mantis

My Wishlist

Post by banksy »

Updated HUD:
I find the HUD to be somewhat confusing at times. I'm use to it now, but it would be nice if some areas were updated, making it more understandable and easy to read.

Sounds:
I believe that this is a work in progress, but the berserkers jumping sound sounds like a dog barking, and I find that it is very loud. It's like if you are 50 metres away, and 1 metre away, its the same decible of sound. Also, are radio calls something that could be included?

Animations:
I think the swiping animation (attacking animation) by the aliens needs to be improved. Also, if you are an alien, you should be able to see you're arms/claws/whatever attack/swing (more so if you are a maruader or larger alien).

Speed
Maybe the speed of some alens or humans can be altered?

Upgraded Models
I know this is in progress, but a lot of weapons still need upgrading, as well as things like the jetpack? juggernaught suit, and basically anything from tremulous.

Map Upgrades
If I can get permission from the creators of old tremulous maps, I can update them :)

Acid Tube Range
I believe Acid tubes range should be extended for fairness.

Buildable Upgrades
Maybe we can use power or money to upgrade buildables such as turrets, which may increase their range, or damage (same goes for acid tubes).
I also suggested that floor Mines be added :)
Maybe the reactor (or aliens overmind) have upgrades giving them more health, allowing them to attack and do higher damage.

Sorry if I have suggested things that are already under development, but yeah, this is my wishlist.

seana11
Tyrant

Re: My Wishlist

Post by seana11 »

banksy wrote:

Updated HUD:
I find the HUD to be somewhat confusing at times. I'm use to it now, but it would be nice if some areas were updated, making it more understandable and easy to read.

Hotfix HUD.

Sounds:
I believe that this is a work in progress, but the berserkers jumping sound sounds like a dog barking, and I find that it is very loud. It's like if you are 50 metres away, and 1 metre away, its the same decible of sound. Also, are radio calls something that could be included?

I agree with this; there's also the human weapon issue of sometimes (appears to be randomly) not hearing the sound as an alien. Radio calls are already implemented.

Animations:
I think the swiping animation (attacking animation) by the aliens needs to be improved. Also, if you are an alien, you should be able to see you're arms/claws/whatever attack/swing (more so if you are a maruader or larger alien).

@Seeing own claws: there's a mod for that.

Speed
Maybe the speed of some alens or humans can be altered?

Vague, be more specific.

Upgraded Models
I know this is in progress, but a lot of weapons still need upgrading, as well as things like the jetpack? juggernaught suit, and basically anything from tremulous.

"this is in progress" Stuff can only be modeled so fast.

Map Upgrades
If I can get permission from the creators of old tremulous maps, I can update them :)

Acid Tube Range
I believe Acid tubes range should be extended for fairness.

That would upset balence; they're good the way they are. Remember that the goal of the alien base is to support defending aliens, not kill humans.

Buildable Upgrades
Maybe we can use power or money to upgrade buildables such as turrets, which may increase their range, or damage (same goes for acid tubes).
I also suggested that floor Mines be added :)
Maybe the reactor (or aliens overmind) have upgrades giving them more health, allowing them to attack and do higher damage.

There's already a thread for the upgrades thing. @Mines, it's in the weapon dev thread already.

banksy
Mantis

Post by banksy »

ok :P

Gametypes was another thing I wanted to discuss. Maybe introducing new gametypes, like CTF (though not a flag, rather a piece of equipment or something) or even a bomb mode. Of course maps will need to be updated to include this feature.

danmal

Post by danmal »

banksy wrote:

Updated HUD:

This is getting updated. There's some mockups of what the alien evolution menu + alien/human hud will look like somewhere. I think someone mentioned getting the human HUD into the next release.

banksy wrote:

Animations:

Goon + mara are probably getting remade/upgraded. Adding claws to the alien HUD is something we're interested in doing but it depends on how easy it is to do.

banksy wrote:

Map Upgrades

Most maps are released under fairly permissive licences (CC-BY-SA or similar). Most maps should have a licence.txt included somewhere in the .pk3.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Some of the maps even have the source .map file included as well.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

banksy wrote:

ok :P

Gametypes was another thing I wanted to discuss. Maybe introducing new gametypes, like CTF (though not a flag, rather a piece of equipment or something) or even a bomb mode. Of course maps will need to be updated to include this feature.

"Capture the OM"

The OM is weak (About 200 hp). When it is killed, the killer must make it back to the RC without being killed. If he is, the OM is spawned at the point of death. Eggs are indestructable (So humans can't kill off the aliens by killing the om, then retreating to the base and not touching the RC). The OM may not be rebuilt while someone is carying it. It must be captured x times before the timelimit is reached. (3 and 20 are good starting values).

"Tournament"

Two players 1v1 for 5 minutes, with everyone else spectating. At the end the player with the largest score moves on to 1v1 another player in the same fasion.

"Harvester"

Whenever an alien dies, a virtual dretch is spawned at a centrally located point; same for humans but with a rifle. Players can collect rifles/dretches by moving over them; when you capture one, you must bring it to the enemy OM/RC. The team earns one point for every one you bring. When the timelimit is hit, the team with the most dead things wins. Collecting something of your own team simply makes it disappear.

"Elimination"

Both teams start at s3. There are no defensive structures. Players start with 9 evos/2000 credits. They may not respawn. There is no TK. At SD, a "admit defeat" vote is automatically passed for both teams. The winner is the team with the last man standing.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

My new gameplay modes of choice are:

King of the Hill
A team has to hold a location for a given amount of time.

Ambush/Invasion
Human team has to survive waves of increasing strength

Team Annihilation
Default Trem/Unv gameplay we all love and adore.

Something similar to CTF is desirable, but I don't see how it would work. Camping is a huge issue as it stands. This would just compound the issue.

Khaoz
Graphic Designer

Post by Khaoz »

Ishq wrote:

King of the Hill

Ambush/Invasion

Team Annihilation

Something similar to CTF is desirable, but I don't see how it would work. Camping is a huge issue as it stands. This would just compound the issue.

These all sound pretty good, will be good to test them out :)

Also as for CTF a Human V Human (with no stamina restrictions) could be pretty fun. As the engine allows for strafe-jumping, I can see some players getting pretty skilled at quickly navigating some of the maps. (also no building apart from Arm, RC and spawns, could help with the camping issue)

It would prove too hard to balance an alien v human ctf as the aliens would have a clear movement advantage.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Ishq wrote:

King of the Hill

Ambush/Invasion

Team Annihilation

@KoTH

What if you did something more like Domination. You have to control two points for 10 seconds to score a point. Whoever has the most points at the timelimit wins. It's suprisingly hard to pull this off, as it's very easy to get someone in at the last minute. A way to counter the alien's mobility, is to give each flag hp, and high regen. This would allow someone to pick off a flag from afar in similar fasion as to if a dretch had goten in. Flags would still be able to be captured through touch. (Defensive structures would also be disabled). A modified start could also help increase map change, by sticking nodes and eggs near the center of the map and making them indestructable.

banksy
Mantis

Post by banksy »

I agree with these. King of the hill is one of my favourites from TF2
And Domination would be great too :)