an idea being tossed around in my head (humans)

Request new features or present your ideas.
JBiscuitz
Mantis

an idea being tossed around in my head (humans)

Post by JBiscuitz »

What if humans could buy a pair of boots that allowed them to jump off walls?

I have often wondered if this would be feasible if conditions/limitations were handled right (there is wall jumping on a 1.1 server and its atrocious).

The idea is that a human could buy a pair of these boots and could wall jump. The trajectory wouldnt be much different if not the same as a normal jump. Each wall jump would use a bar of stamina resulting in three jumps total (one leaving ground, two off wall). It is not an item that is primarily for combat due to the waste in stamina, but more so a faster way to reach a higher area without the slow jetpack rise.

It could aid in combat, but the idea is to still confine humans to low maneuverability (hence the high stamina usage).

Just a thought i have been bouncing around.

Feasible?
Overpowered?
Stupid idea?

Let me know what you guys think

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Re: an idea being tossed around in my head (humans)

Post by E-Mxp »

YES!!

...no, that is silly, stop being silly!

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

Why is it so silly?

It seems like a feasible piece of tech for the timeframe of the game, and
(at least to me) it is a very usable upgrade.

And let me clarify it would be a wall jump like a 1.1 marauder (bounce off of wall, like a kick), as opposed to the climbing jump currently implemented (face wall and climb straight up)

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

There's a very good reason that humans are not as mobile as aliens. If humans were that mobile, it would be a nightmare for the aliens to kill them at close range. Remember, aliens rely on being able to kill humans up close.

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

kharnov wrote:

There's a very good reason that humans are not as mobile as aliens. If humans were that mobile, it would be a nightmare for the aliens to kill them at close range. Remember, aliens rely on being able to kill humans up close.

Of course.

Because your stamina is drained per jump you would only have three jumps as normal before out of stamina. This eliminates the possibility of a human bouncing around a room like a marauder and more sets it for out of combat use than in it.

The point of it is a slight increase in vertical mobility for a human not luci jumping or slowly flying with jetpack.

A human would not have increased vertical capabilities so jumping over a tyrant or goon on flat ground is still out of the question.

I appreciate the official response. Just figured id bounce the idea out there.