Stamina and such

Request new features or present your ideas.
seana11
Tyrant

Stamina and such

Post by seana11 »

There's a couple situations in the game where stamina is fairly badly represented. One is when climbing ladders; if I've just climbed the crane in that city block map, I'm in no position to be jumping up and down a bunch. My stamina should have taken some of a hit after that. Second is stairs. If I've just climbed the stairs in transit, there is no way that I could then sprint across to the base, without collapsing. I suggest that some type of modifier be added to decrease stamina when moving up under your own power. (So the cannons in *cannon wouldn't knock you out).

ViruS
Granger

Re: Stamina and such

Post by ViruS »

Realism says we shouldn't be able to climb ladders that are 0.125 units thick and rise up about 50 meters within 1 second.
I've seen many maps have this kind of ladder, i made one myself in 2009, theres paint10 and some other crap map on korx. I dont think we would really want to put these realism features in as it would ruin some gameplay, if you're fighting on a staircase, it would become heavily-alien bias comparing to a ramp.
I dont think this is a good idea although i can plan how it would be coded [leap up certain number of units takes proportionally an amount of stamina]

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

This guy is a superhuman athlete. He can get away with stuff like that.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Well, they are clones...

Dracone
Dretch

Post by Dracone »

I'm confident in saying that stamina's purpose should remain as is: Sprinting, jumping, dodging, and dancing (elusive close quarters sprinting maneuvers to avoid alien attacks, for those who didn't know).

While I do think that stamina usage could use some reworking (imo you should still have to manage your stamina to some degree, as was the case in 1.1), I don't think there's any room for adding any other stamina drains. I'm pretty sure anything else would just slow the game down unnecessarily.