Upgrading armour and Battlesuit

Request new features or present your ideas.

What do you think?

Good Idea

No votes

Discuss this thread

10%

Too much trouble to program

20%

Bad Idea

70%

Total votes: 10
JBiscuitz
Mantis

Re: Upgrading armour and Battlesuit

Post by JBiscuitz »

StalKermit wrote:

Let's allow an alien to heal others in the field.

Thats what basis do. Increase regen at least. Or do you mean a direct heal for a set amount?

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

JBiscuitz wrote:

Thats what basis do. Increase regen at least. Or do you mean a direct heal for a set amount?

http://unvanquished.net/forum/showthrea ... r-the-basi

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

JBiscuitz wrote:

That was the joke.

JBiscuitz
Mantis

Post by JBiscuitz »

And ruined the joke... errr.. whoops

Jaroth

Post by Jaroth »

ViruS wrote:

If you have played korx, you should know that it has the following:
Grangerbarbs heal alien structures when the have spawned [not currently building]
Ckits can heal any human unless it is esd [therefore becomes painsaw-like to prevent cheating]
Thinking of which, we should add esd/vesd to unvanquished. It is old, but is quite fun. We could use this rather than using a timelimit, which only gives a warning and thats it.

Im agreed with you ViruS esd/vesd is quite old, but it is fun too... lets put it in the Unvanquished...
With somethings that have the Korks server, like Xael.. do you remember it? or invisible basilisk or ammo pack... idk some things need to just get till the end of it...

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I still play euro korx although its lagged whereas i have 400+ ping :D

like Xael.. do you remember it? or invisible basilisk or ammo pack... idk some things need to just get till the end of it...

Xael - a faster reloading lcannon that bounces. You can 'french kiss' your own xael [its a death message when it bounces back at you]
cloak basi - loses its cloaking ability as it moves unless it is boosted/ has poison
ammo pack> supplies 1.5x clips for physical-ammo type weapons including md [md fire metallic slugs according to the description] People dont really use this, because there is the bsuit, it already supplies this bonus.

I watched a few videos of gloom, shooting alien reminded me about the spitfire and adv marauder's snipe from korx. I think we really should have a flying alien that can snipe long range, doing miniature damage.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

ViruS wrote:

I still play euro korx although its lagged whereas i have 400+ ping :D

Xael - a faster reloading lcannon that bounces. You can 'french kiss' your own xael [its a death message when it bounces back at you]
cloak basi - loses its cloaking ability as it moves unless it is boosted/ has poison
ammo pack> supplies 1.5x clips for physical-ammo type weapons including md [md fire metallic slugs according to the description] People dont really use this, because there is the bsuit, it already supplies this bonus.

I watched a few videos of gloom, shooting alien reminded me about the spitfire and adv marauder's snipe from korx. I think we really should have a flying alien that can snipe long range, doing miniature damage.

On the flying alien subject, I'd love to see a server for playtesting the harrier, even if we have to completely remodel it.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

seana11 wrote:

On the flying alien subject, I'd love to see a server for playtesting the harrier, even if we have to completely remodel it.

Wasn't there a gpp server for that? It worked like the jetpack [with an exception of flying still, if you do, you fall], controls took time to get used to after playing so much of the spitfire...

Apparently my old video is the only one that comes up tremulous-related when searching 'spitfire' on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v26dRcQ2tNg

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

So I guess there's two models here: one is the "bird" model, where the flying thing needs to be moving at all times, and the "insect" model, where the alien can hover. The harrier worked off the "bird" model:

Redsky wrote:

hmmm, "Stop glide key"=> midair brakes :D hmmm, i like it...

glide has no default speed, its speed comes from:

• starting speed
  • speed form lift power
  • speed from wings wave
  • gravitation

that means you can nosedive to gain some speed or too attack than slowly move mouse up(lift power will be working in that moment) till camera will be vertical possition see yourself:

but idea of stop glide rox the house: u can press 'x' key and look around than press it once more and glide fly away 8)

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

The actual mod didn't appear like that, though it would be interesting if it was.
The mod was something like this:
You can 'hover' (fly) as long as your horizontal speed was > x units/s (i didnt measure)
If it was below that, you fall accordingly to gravity...
Whoever coded this probably did a lazy job seriously. It was hard to fly through cramped areas as well.
From what i remember (i may be wrong, i honestly spent like 15 minutes testing it out and never came back due to lack of players) you would acccelerate on the ground (was tricky/annoying, because you would slide unless you had the wallwalk toggled off) then you'd jump and then it kinda switches to 'jetpack' controls. If you aim down and press 'w', you will accelerate slowly like how the jetpack does, you won't nose-dive. But you would eventually when you speed gets too small, that is.

i read further in the article, maybe this is why [an idea by troy]

Jet plane style will mean that alien will not be able to stop in the air and only proceed with flight or fall down

In this case your controls are :

W - S trottle control (X-axis speed)
A - D roll control (X-axis turn)
Mouse left-right steering (Z-axis turn)
Mouse up-down steering (Y-axis turn)

In this case the trottle control has to be fixed since otherwise you will not be able to adjust your speed.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage