I can help you to test things and to report issues

Request new features or present your ideas.
illwieckz
Project Head

I can help you to test things and to report issues

Post by illwieckz »

Hey guys, just to say it, I was talking right now with kharnov on a private channel and he encouraged me to say it on the dev channel. Since this message becomes a bit long, I write down it here in the forums (and doing that, it will be more readable and it will stay longer).
:wink:

I'm not a good coder but I know some basics like how to compile a code, how to checkout some branches or cherry pick some commits, and writing issues. The last month I’ve tested many things and applied many patches successfully to my server (mainly fixes but sometime backports too, like you do with the dev server) so I heavily tested your server code. Also, kangz invited me to run all my games with nacl-cgame to test it for real. So I just want to say I can do tests like that for you.

Also, do not hesitate to ask me to test some specific options, unless these options are already in master for a long time, but for which you do not have feedback.

Do not hesitate to ask. I know that doing tests is not very exciting for many people, but since it's the better I can do, it is exciting from my point of view.
:tongue:

This comment is licensed under cc ​​by 4 and antecedent.

kangz
Programmer

Re: I can help you to test things and to report issues

Post by kangz »

Thanks a lot illwieckz for the continued help debugging hard issues, this is incredibly valuable! Related to my project, just running the nacl-cgame branch (or with the right +devgame) in a gdb is BIG because it will catch bugs early, with a stack trace, a thing most users won't have. (and save hours in trying to get a repro).

tl;dr: :thumbup:, and I'll offer you a :beer: when I meet you IRL :-)

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

But you do know that for every issue you open, you sign a dark pact that obliges you to close two? :grin:

If you meet me irl, you'll get both :beer: and :coffee: and also :granger:, so don't fall for kangz' cheap offer.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Tom
Dragoon

Post by Tom »

Illwieckz, you are a good guy, it's always a pleasure to play by your sides.

Viech wrote:

[...] you'll get both :beer: and :coffee: and also :granger: [...]

Are you proposing to eat a granger?