Issues with current gameplay

Request new features or present your ideas.
danmal

Issues with current gameplay

Post by danmal »

In your opinion what are the biggest issues with current gameplay? I'm guessing that for a lot of people it's going to be camping but are there any other aspects of Unvanquished/Tremulous gameplay that you don't like? As we're currently in alpha this is probably the best time to start working out all the major issues.

I'll start. I don't like how many aliens/weapons can 1 hit other players (eg lucifer canon, dragoon headbite).

StalKermit
Dragoon

Re: Issues with current gameplay

Post by StalKermit »

Inb4 revert back to 1.1

ViruS
Granger

Re: Issues with current gameplay

Post by ViruS »

-How teams can gang up. Alien bbox sizes makes this harder for them
-Balance is actually effected by the number of players. Generally, the more players, the higher chance of humans winning with their ranged weapons and their ability to work in teams easier. One cause for this is probably the dretch health but we dont want to change that. Then theres the nerfed damage, i think it should be un-nerfed majorly againts helmet larmoured.
-ADV marauder zap - 1.1 = almost useless because it does 1 or 2 dmg every server frame, in unvanquished and gpp, its OP because its instant. I dont like instant, but maybe we could modify the code to do a constant damage to be filtered of lets say 6 per "frame", but fires every 0.1 second as a "frame" until the damage is supposedly done, in this case of 1 second. This means it does a total of 60 dmg to unarmoured. I think the ends should also chop off like in 1.1 (not splitting from the zap-ee, but actually links from previous character like in 1.1) and also in terms of damage. Lets say 0.75 for every link.
-Pounce - Maybe somehow the armour damage system could revert back to the 1.1, as people think charge and pounce is OP, but reducing the value means you can't 1-hit kill nakeds anymore
-Lcannon - Charge speed should be shorter, lets say 2.5 seconds.
-Flamer - Repeat rate halved, damage halved so it does the same damage/s but happens in smaller intervals.
-Chaingun - Weaker, faster but more ammo. Makes it more chaingun-like.
-Alien bomb - An over-thought idea that appeared so many times in tremulous. It maybe could be put in trem as 1 evo/bomb doing 100 dmg with a radius of about 200.
-Hives and tubes are perhaps too easy to kill with rifle(?) comparing to marauders and basi vs teslas
{You can pretty much buy larmour, get a rifle, stand on a tube and kill it effectively, whereas its really hard to kill a tesla with a basi}
{hive health is probably too low?}
-Barricades are useless if the human knows that he can shoot above the cades for shooting things like the overmind. Having a bsuit makes it even easier.
-Pounce damage system - Make it actually have to have contact with the human, and make it able to hit multiple humans like how 1.1 charge works. - (able to hit multiple things, and re-hit the same player if you move away and come back quickly enough)

• * If possible, we could base damage on speed. I think this is like the fifth time i said this idea. Since normal pounce speed is 800 exluding player's speed, maybe have the damage become speed/1000 (*including Z). People have to pounce up anyway, the horizontal velocity is lost into Z that way. This way, i think the normal hit damage should be around 80 without player's movement.
  • This bloody 'pounce telenodes' downward technique makes no sense. Hopefully this is fixed.
    -The point system is bias. Buildables give too many points or killing gives too little.
    +Make the buildables only give [bp for building] as points but leave the vital structures as is (arm, medistat, node, rc | om, egg, boost, hovel)