Let's design human buildings!

Request new features or present your ideas.
ViruS
Granger

Re: Let's design human buildings!

Post by ViruS »

argh, trying to differentiate whether you're saying 'mine' as an object or 'mine' as in sense of ownership.
Btw, lots of past 1.1 mods have mines, they are a bit weird againts high pingers as to explode it, you need to get close within a certain range and run. Its harder to tell the explosion distance with ping involved, and not to mention, if i pounced over it, it seems like it didn't detect me, then suddenly i jurk into the ceiling after i land and lose hp.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

As stated, there were plenty of mods with mines. They were always more annoying than fun.

MCMic

Post by MCMic »

illwieckz wrote:

Currently, when a building is destroyed (not removed), the buildpoints are not available immediately, and return little by little, it penalizes the human team. Mines are designed to self-destruct, so if a mine is a bulding, this means that there is a building designed to penalize the human team.

Also, I'm not sure that the concept of mine is compatible with Unvanquished. Mine is permanent until it did not explode, and can act against humans. Because Unvanquished is a multiplayer game, you can not really predict the movements of the human team members.

Also, a building can be removed safely, while on real battle fields, everyone risks his life to remove them, even those who placed them.

A grenade is pretty close to mine, but his presence in the game is possible because it is limited in time, humans who are injured by grenades are humans who have heard the launched grenade and that have not taken precautions.

Also, mines condemn territories, I think it is not really compatible with the gameplay, and mines make sense in large spaces outside, not in the corridors.

You convinced me ^^

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Asvarox wrote:

As stated, there were plenty of mods with mines. They were always more annoying than fun.

Except when youre the one putting them down XD

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

MCMic wrote:

You convinced me ^^

I was thinking more of a smallish mine (100-150 damage) that explodes in response to alien proximity (200 units sounds like a good range). It will self-destruct after 30-60 seconds. This will prevent permanent mining of corridors. It should beep before it self-destructs though. The mine would be a weapon with 5 mines in it. It should have a long (10 second) reload time to prevent spamming. This means that I can only maintain 2 mines in the same spot at any point. I would also run out of mines in less than a minute, so unless there is a close by arm, I cannot keep a corridor closed. This is mainly designed to deter pursuit or destroy the alien base (Imagine a mine on the booster :D).

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

seana11 wrote:

I was thinking more of a smallish mine (100-150 damage) that explodes in response to alien proximity (200 units sounds like a good range). It will self-destruct after 30-60 seconds. This will prevent permanent mining of corridors. It should beep before it self-destructs though. The mine would be a weapon with 5 mines in it. It should have a long (10 second) reload time to prevent spamming. This means that I can only maintain 2 mines in the same spot at any point. I would also run out of mines in less than a minute, so unless there is a close by arm, I cannot keep a corridor closed. This is mainly designed to deter pursuit or destroy the alien base (Imagine a mine on the booster :D).

Why would it self-destruct for no reason? That's silly.

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

KenuR wrote:

Why would it self-destruct for no reason? That's silly.

So you can't walk around a corner and be blasted by 20 mines.

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Post by E-Mxp »

Only allow a human to place one mine at a time. As soon as he places a second one, the first one self-destructs.

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

E-Mxp wrote:

Only allow a human to place one mine at a time. As soon as he places a second one, the first one self-destructs.

That would work.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

So if you accidentally drop a mine in your base, you cannot remove it, to prevent its explosion, you just have to not use a mine? Gee, thats frustrating.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage