Let's design human weapons!

Request new features or present your ideas.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Let's design human weapons!

Post by kharnov »

In the case of the window room, there isn't really any trajectory involved. It's a door, and you enter the small room from there. I can't really think of any maps in which the aliens can build a base where trajectory shots are required. That would be tremendously unfair for humans.

edit: I was thinking of the niveus window room, unless there's one in karith?

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

I think he meant Elevator Room. If you don't consider vent attacks and luci jumps, then the trajectory shots are required since most of the structures will not be in the line of sight from the floor. The elevator takes forever to get up.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

danmal

Post by danmal »

This might be an issue with the Lucifer being too strong. Making it available s2 might be ok

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

I was thinking that the nade could be fired using teh charge bar, with that controlling the strength of the throw. Another use of this would be to take out stuff that is higher up than could be reached in a reasonable amount of time. For example, if you were in the crates room of arachnid, and you noticed a fwd egg in the pipes, it would be an easy couple of shots to take it out. Same thing for the bunker on atcs; you could lob some nades up there, and be away from aliens defending it, especially if you had some buddies to distract them.

I think the whole idea of a nade launcher is to make it able to attack a bade outside of a direct LOS. This makes it better in promoting group attacks, since it is pretty vulnerable on its own.

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

kharnov wrote:

edit: I was thinking of the niveus window room, unless there's one in karith?

Crap, I actually meant elevator room in karith :D
But, for example on procyon there's a place (over that main hall, "crossroad" thing) where it's basically impossible for humans to hit spam egg there w/out jetpack.

danmal

Post by danmal »

I'd consider that an issue with map design rather then game design

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Okay, back on-topic, how bout we get humans an upgrade that regenerates hp, that allows them to auto-heal something like 2 hp/s similar to how an alien heals? [heals slower if the reactor is down, and when the user is not carrying a battery pack, and if both situations happen, then it becomes divided by 4 (stacks)]
When buying this, it throws away the medkit and buys it back when the upgrade is sold...

Then maybe something like a solar backpack [kinda stupid, but its an idea i came up wit a few years back] that detects its surroundings for radiation, in this case it detects the map's lighting and lighting caused by particles/muzzle flares...
What it does when it receives this, it tries to fill up a bar created by the HUD similar to the one used for pouncing etc. and when that fills up, it gives the weapon another clip. If the weapon does not have clips like the lasgun or lcannon, it will just directly feed energy into it.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Neither of those are weapons. They also don't logically make sense. ViruS, if you're going to post ideas in this thread, at least put some effort behind them.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

i did. Except for this post.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Qrntz
Dragoon

Post by Qrntz »

ViruS wrote:

i did. Except for this post.