Let's design human weapons!

Request new features or present your ideas.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Let's design human weapons!

Post by kharnov »

I don't see the need to play around with quotes when you can just make a text reply. That's pretty awkward to read.

In any case, your reasoning still doesn't make sense in regards to your proposed rifle. It does not fit thematically. The other weapons you've mentioned are futuristic in design, and you're trying to suggest a World War II rifle? Come on. Our current rifle can be reloaded in a matter of seconds, fires extremely fast, and is much more accurate at long ranges than anything we have available today while still maintaining the same rate of fire, demonstrating the ability to compensate for massive amounts of recoil. The chaingun has no modern parallel, for the simple fact that you don't carry around machine guns that large in real life, let alone fire them. Then you mention the turret, for which we have no real life equivalent. The delay in firing can easily be rationalized as the time it takes to lock onto a target, considering that the turret has perfect aim and can track an alien around. In any case, we are not adding a World War II rifle.

In regards to the rocket launcher, I'm having trouble comprehending your post due to the way you've formatted it. While I do like the idea of a rocket launcher, it definitely wouldn't work in the way that you described in an earlier post. Like I mentioned at the start of the thread, don't try to come up with numbers or attempts to balance weapons that don't even exist in-game yet. It just makes your ideas come off as silly.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

A M203 style grenade launcher that attaches to the rifle only, or possibly to the shotgun as well, but no other weapons can attach the launcher. This is different from the previous idea in that this is not a stand alone weapon. If you have rifle, grenade launcher, and a grenade, it allows you to fire a normal grenade at longer ranges and with greater accuracy. Can only hold one grenade. Secondary fire will have to be used to activate the launcher and the ranging system.

I would like the blaster to have faster projectiles then the current one. The damage will probably have to be reduced for balance, and keep the current firing rate.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

JOURNEYMAN wrote:

A M203 style grenade launcher that attaches to the rifle only, or possibly to the shotgun as well, but no other weapons can attach the launcher. This is different from the previous idea in that this is not a stand alone weapon. If you have rifle, grenade launcher, and a grenade, it allows you to fire a normal grenade at longer ranges and with greater accuracy. Can only hold one grenade. Secondary fire will have to be used to activate the launcher and the ranging system.

I was thinking something more along the lines of a rocket launcher that behaves like a grenade launcher, if that makes any sense.
It's just that I've been playing Quake Live lately, and on one custom server the gravity was adjust so that the rocket launcher shoot in an arc, like a grenade launcher.
So it would be a "grenade launcher" that shoots some sort of flaming spheres or rockets, or something like that.
I just thought it would fit unv very well.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

don't try to come up with numbers or attempts to balance weapons

kk. It shall cost three million credits then. Does 1 dmg. jks.

JOURNEYMAN wrote:

Sounds pretty good. Does it explode upon impact? :D

JOURNEYMAN wrote:

I would like the blaster to have faster projectiles then the current one. *The damage will probably have to be reduced for balance, and keep the current firing rate.

I think its fine as is, but i also think its a good idea. With cg_proectilenudge in the system, i can barely see the bolt fire. It just appears on the wall and turns into a mark with my ping on the official server. Besides, its fun killing dretches with blasters.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

ViruS wrote:

Sounds pretty good. Does it explode upon impact? :D

Now that I think about it. The grenade fired from the launcher could be set to explode on impact or in air with timed fuse. Current military is even developing such grenades at this moment. I don't see why it couldn't be done in the supposedly future time line.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Just make the nade launcher more like a barb in terms of damage and use, and less like a nade. Maybe it deals 75 damage, has a 5 second reload time, and you can carry 6 or so nades. The idea here is it to be a base-attack weapon, but you have to be covered by your mates in order not to be killed. If you set the price high enough, it could be balanced by one of the new alien classes.

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

Why would you want to use that if you could get the same effect more efficiently with a lucifer cannon?

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

Because it would have a ballistic trajectory and you could attack in places you normally couldn't (Ex: from on the ground level near the entrance of atcs, you could attack the main alien base, without e3ver coming in the way of tubes or trappers (Given the usual atcs alien base)

kharnov
Granger

Post by kharnov »

But then you could just get yourself into a new position. Obviously, if you're capable of getting a view of the target to come up with a trajectory for it, then you have some line of sight to it. Once you have it in the line of sight, you can just fire off the lucifer cannon.

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

You can also use radar to get the trajectory. Also "getting into a new position" can be kinda hard, for example when aliens are in window ele room in karith