Let's design human weapons!

Request new features or present your ideas.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Let's design human weapons!

Post by kharnov »

ViruS wrote:

How bout a WWII rifle...

How about no? This is the far future, why are we using technology from the 1940s? Please be a bit more serious with your suggestions.

ViruS wrote:

Then, we have the classic rocket launcher that locks onto aliens and alien buildables.

I don't see how this is any different from an enhanced lucifer cannon. Furthermore, why is a weapon that fires exactly once per reload considered as inaccurate as a chaingun? Why does an explosive rocket do less damage than a tiny particle accelerated by a mass driver? Why does it have a lifetime of 3000 seconds, or nearly one hour, if it's flying so fast?

ViruS, I appreciate that you're trying to put some effort in here, but I don't think you're on the right track at all. I don't mean to be rude, but your ideas are coming off as very incoherent. Some of the other replies in this thread make more sense. I'd suggest looking through the other posts on this thread, along with the rest of the forum.

EckleckLighat
Dretch

Post by EckleckLighat »

Actually, I quite like the idea of having seriously OP s4 classes/weapons available at the end of the game. It lessens the chance of a tie. Perhaps we can modify the requirements in order to lessen the amount of camping, i.e. base it on number of kills out of base.

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

I was always thinking about Zap-o-Granade doing moderately high damage against many targets (killing dretches up to trappers) with chain range higher than maras. Not really sure if it would get used much, but definitely it'd look awesome.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

Just make the current grenade much more badass and perhaps add a stun/flash grenade?

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

EckleckLighat wrote:

Actually, I quite like the idea of having seriously OP s4 classes/weapons available at the end of the game. It lessens the chance of a tie.

Why? There are alternative methods of reducing camping that don't involve the creation of entirely new stages with overkill weapons and forms. I don't understand why you'd purposely make something overpowered just for the sake of preventing a tie. Furthermore, you already have stage 3, with an alien form that can instantly kill groups of unarmored humans, and a weapon that can instantly kill all aliens up to the tyrant. How is that not enough?

EckleckLighat wrote:

Perhaps we can modify the requirements in order to lessen the amount of camping, i.e. base it on number of kills out of base.

Actually, I think we've committed a patch recently that does something along the lines of this: https://github.com/Unvanquished/Unvanqu ... 3166b26816

EckleckLighat
Dretch

Post by EckleckLighat »

Well, maybe it doesn't have to be an extra stage, but it would be nice if there was something to add more suspense as we near the end - a situation where the slightest error in strategy could cost the game.

Droid

Post by Droid »

Human weapon:
Shock Grenade:
Stage 2
radius of 400 metres from where it lands
Its entirely like the normal gren in weight and bouncyness just that any alien(structures too) thats inside its radius where it falls, it will constantly zap it like the lightning gun on quake 3, and after 1 minute of zapping it has no energy left so it zaps everywhere(plasma explosion)

Alien Weapon/Structure
The cannon is a little arch(buildable) that when you go under it a gooey blob falls on your head. That lets you generate gooey stuff and acts like a rocket-launcher (overrides mouse2)
Stage 3

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

Grenade launcher:
*fires grenades or energy projectiles
*grenades explode on impact
*grenades fly in a similar manner to grenade launchers in COD, but the trajectile is a lot steeper, so you have to aim a lot higher to hit your target (unlike COD, where you have to aim slightly above the target), if this makes any sense
*the grenade launcher can hold up to 2 grenades
*grenades fly at high speed, deal a bit less damage then luci (100?) and have slightly bigger AOE
*costs at around 450

FisherP

Post by FisherP »

I kinda liked the idea they had on the X Mod where the shotgun had the right click for a grenade that took some shotgun ammo. The thing I found with it though, it was pretty much useless against aliens, but mediocre against structures which is what the balance was about.

I don't think the idea of a rocket launcher would be good personally. It'll either be too over powered against bases or too potent in enclosed spaces

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

kharnov wrote:

How bout a WWII rifle...

How about no? This is the far future, why are we using technology from the 1940s? Please be a bit more serious with your suggestions.

We have a rifle and a chaingun. And a turret that takes suprisingly ages to power up, and if it stops locking on, it restarts from 0.

Then, we have the classic rocket launcher that locks onto aliens and alien buildables.

I don't see how this is any different from an enhanced lucifer cannon. Furthermore, why is a weapon that fires exactly once per reload[] considered as inaccurate as a chaingun? Why does an explosive rocket do less damage than a tiny particle accelerated by a mass driver? Why does it have a lifetime of 3000 seconds, or nearly one hour, if it's flying so fast?
**Remember what i said about "Explosion damage = 150", and the direct damage is if it bounces off the opponent. I bet it wont be coded even if we add one to the game. If it doesnt bounce, i did say "if not, maybe 150?"
There are reasons for this: I've got a mass driver in my mod, does only 62 dmg/bullet every 1.4 seconds and its OP. Another thing is that acid tubes only have 125 hp, its like a launch-able grenade.
The inaccuracy is there so its harder to kill structures from long distance, yet still locks onto aliens.
[]Thats how a real rocket launcher works right? Fire, open the hatch, put another rocket in, close the hatch, repeat?
Also, lifetime is in milliseconds.

this quote system would take some time to get used to...

EDIT:

means "my reply"
means "quoted of my own message that you quoted"
[symbols, (set of)] replies relate to where i put it in your message.