Idea: melee weapons

Request new features or present your ideas.

Add melee weapons

no

26%

yes

32%

yes, and give the Granger a chainsaw

42%

Total votes: 19
Gireen
Graphic Designer
Clan: [DoH]

Idea: melee weapons

Post by Gireen »

Its something what we got in the most Ego Shooters and even the high-tec space marines will have it.
A Knife !!

The Idea is to give the Humans a Knife with a short range, that they must stand really close to Aliens.
The Knife could deal 50 hp damage. 1 hit can kill a Dretch but he is hard to get with the short range.

The Battlesuit gets instead of the knife his metal hands as weapon to punch aliens in the face. :D

Wen now a Alien claw and a knife/bs-hand clash. Both doesn't get the full damage.
This is a way how a human and Battlesuit get a better chance to survive Tyrants and who wouldn't fight against a Alien with a Knife or first-hand with a Battlesuit. ;)

fear ma engrish :granger:

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Re: Idea: melee weapons

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

I think it would be better if humans can use their empty guns as a club when close to the aliens.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

I don't know...
I thought about this and it seems a bit dodgy. If you can balance it properly then I guess it could be a good addition to the game.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Well, the way I see it, the melee attacks would be more out of desperation than anything else. Going that close to an alien is going to be suicide, and you can't creep up from behind because they can detect you.

Asvarox
Mantis

Post by Asvarox »

Yes but wouldn't that be awesome, you see a teammate getting eaten by lisk, and you smash little bastard with your ammoless lucifer canon, then you smash it's body so there's that green blood everywhere on you and your teammate on floor on your gun and everywhere? ;)

EckleckLighat
Dretch

Post by EckleckLighat »

Asvarox wrote:

Yes but wouldn't that be awesome, you see a teammate getting eaten by lisk, and you smash little bastard with your ammoless lucifer canon, then you smash it's body so there's that green blood everywhere on you and your teammate on floor on your gun and everywhere? ;)

0.o........

You are sick. I like it. Green blood everywhere +1.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Here's an issue, though. How can you make such a thing useful? Don't humans already have a painsaw?

I'm interested in the battlesuit being able to perform a different sort of melee attack, though. I'd like to see a crush on it. Sort of like the tyrant crush, but obviously a lot harder to perform. It would be absolutely hilarious to be your own orbital strike weapon, to fall from a great height only to crush a dretch to death. In addition, you'd be able to give another use to lucifer cannon jumps.

StalKermit
Dragoon

Post by StalKermit »

I just voted yes but I actually meant to vote no. So pretend there is one fewer "yes" vote and one more "no" vote.

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

When the weapon is out of ammo, after a couple of clicks, the weapon is automatically swung with some damage to anyone in it's path.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

E-Mxp
Graphic Designer

Post by E-Mxp »

Maybe make a melee strike a secondary attack for the blaster?

le mi'a bende cu nitcu lo zbasu